GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BTinternet 2 Hour cut off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 01:15
Regular
Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop the 2 hour cut off with BTinternet?

I managed to do it once before, but can't remember how I did it!

Thanks very much,

Darron.
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
doc693 wrote:
> Erm, you get cut off in the middle of a download after 2 hours? On my modem,
> that's a 30Mb download ... and there aint many of those around. At least, not
> that I'm interested in. First sight of one of those, and I'm off to WHS to look
> for cover disks.

Its when I'm downloading stuff like, big game demos, Internet explorer (the ones on cover disks come out much later than on microsoft's website, I like to get it first), and free utilities, they might not exactly be available in the shops, things like CD making programs and extra software for perepherals like Psion Wavefinder. Believe it or not, a lot of these are above 30mb.

I also don't like coverdisks as normmaly they have adverts on the program. The coverdisk version of Internet Explorer had PC Plus written all over it. I really can't be bothered to remove all this some other way.

I need to get broadband!!
Tue 11/12/01 at 20:30
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Must be one of those Adult Video Clips ;o)

But Gozilla is a greta program, just slows down your Internet Browsing, so go and do something else while your Downloading Big Files.
Tue 11/12/01 at 20:25
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Erm, you get cut off in the middle of a download after 2 hours? On my modem, that's a 30Mb download ... and there aint many of those around. At least, not that I'm interested in. First sight of one of those, and I'm off to WHS to look for cover disks.
Mon 10/12/01 at 01:39
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
yeah you used to be able to open a comand propt window and just ping a web site but that don't work any more, if you want to stay connected longer get ADSL it 24/7 :)
Sun 09/12/01 at 16:40
Regular
"How Handy."
Get something like Gozilla that will resume when you reconnect, and set your connection to auto connect, then as soon as BT cut you off, it'll re-dial and resume the download.
Sun 09/12/01 at 16:21
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Btinternet cuts me off after 2 hours, maybe you're just lucky.
Its annoying when i'm trying to download a big file.
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:16
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
DRowe wrote:
> Hi,

I
> managed to do it once before, but can't remember how I did it!

Thanks very
> much,

Darron.

I'm on BTInternet, and they've never actually cut me off after two hours, I don't know why!
Sun 09/12/01 at 01:36
Regular
"How Handy."
There was a way but as far as I know they've disabled it, and made it very illegal to mess around with that kind of thing. Not a good idea.
Sun 09/12/01 at 01:15
Regular
Hi,

I managed to do it once before, but can't remember how I did it!

Thanks very much,

Darron.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.