GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DSL Broadband upgraded to DSL2+"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/02/11 at 16:53
Regular
I noted on the Samknows Telephone Exchange Database that my Telephone Exchange is due to be updgraded to ADSL2+ on the 28th of February, at long last! So the question is how quickly will I see a difference in line speed? I assume I'll be auto upgraded since I'm on the 48GB a month package. Has anyone else been through this with a Freeola line? Gone for DSL to DSL2. I get a decent speed out of my DSL Max connection fortunately we're not far from the Telephone Exchange, about 400 metres as the crow flies, so a DSL2 upgrade oughta work quite well for me.
Sat 12/02/11 at 10:01
"Are you sure?"
DangerousDan wrote:
Interestingly the Broadband Speed Checker on Freeola says that DSL2+ is available already...

*snigger*
I would take everything you read on that site with a pinch of salt, especially when it comes to upgrade dates.
Love Samknows
/*snigger*

Just couldn't help myself :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 12/02/11 at 07:03
Regular
Interestingly the Broadband Speed Checker on Freeola says that DSL2+ is available already, as yet though no email or means of requesting the upgrade via MyFreeola, so maybe the Exchange hasn't actually been done yet as Samknows suggests.
Sat 12/02/11 at 06:32
Regular
Butch wrote:
I would take everything you read on that site with a pinch of salt, especially when it comes to upgrade dates.

You will be contacted by us directly once we are able to offer you the 2+ service, giving you the option on upgrade should you so wish. This is not automatically done.

If you are going to receiving improved performance from this upgrade you should notice this within 10 days of you confirming you want this to take place after following the e-mail instructions.

Obviously the speed you receive will be dependant on the same factors as your current connection. However, in my experience, the 21CN platform highlights errors on the line to a much greater degree to the 20CN platform resulting in some users finding their connection is more unstable after the change.

I would also advise you ensure that your ADSL equipment is all 2+ compatible before requesting this change, once available.

Ahhh, well yes I'm certainly ADSL2+ compatible my modems have been for several years now, originally I had a Draytek 2700, and now a 2710n. I used to have ADSL2+ when we lived in Essex, but due to distance from the exchange there was no benefit over DSL. I know the exchange is being upgraded on or very close to when they state because BT have been on the phone trying to sell me Broadband using the DSL2+ upgrade as a selling point - don't worry I said no. I believe originally the upgrade date was March the 11th on Samknows so has come forward a bit.
Fri 11/02/11 at 18:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"

You will be contacted by us directly once we are able to offer you the 2+ service, giving you the option on upgrade should you so wish. This is not automatically done.

If you are going to receiving improved performance from this upgrade you should notice this within 10 days of you confirming you want this to take place after following the e-mail instructions.

Obviously the speed you receive will be dependant on the same factors as your current connection. However, in my experience, the 21CN platform highlights errors on the line to a much greater degree to the 20CN platform resulting in some users finding their connection is more unstable after the change.

I would also advise you ensure that your ADSL equipment is all 2+ compatible before requesting this change, once available.
Fri 11/02/11 at 17:49
"Are you sure?"
Hi DangerousDan and welcome to the forums!

As you are so close to your exchange (*green*) this should work well for you! From what I've seen you'll get an option to 'upgrade'.
I think you get both an email from Freeola and a new MyFreeola option.

A staffie should be along to confirm things before too long.

I take it you sync at 8128 at the moment as your line is so short?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 11/02/11 at 16:53
Regular
I noted on the Samknows Telephone Exchange Database that my Telephone Exchange is due to be updgraded to ADSL2+ on the 28th of February, at long last! So the question is how quickly will I see a difference in line speed? I assume I'll be auto upgraded since I'm on the 48GB a month package. Has anyone else been through this with a Freeola line? Gone for DSL to DSL2. I get a decent speed out of my DSL Max connection fortunately we're not far from the Telephone Exchange, about 400 metres as the crow flies, so a DSL2 upgrade oughta work quite well for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.