GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Fergie?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
Why on earth does he leave out star players such as Nistelrooy, Veron, Beckham against West Ham today? Fergie definately under-estimated them today.

I think Fergie should stop swapping players round, because half the time the players don't even know who they are playing with!!

What are your thoughts?
Wed 09/02/11 at 22:40
PeteB6700 wrote:
> Have you tried http://www.bikehike.co.uk/
>
> Same thing, just a bit simpler!!

Cheers Pete for that ;)
Thats what TA is all about, good ideas and then improving on them :)

I've had a look at Bikehike and its very good and superb for anyone who doesn't have Memory Map (or similar) and GPS software.

I'm away for a week tonight, so stay tuned to the site or its Facebook page ;)
Wed 09/02/11 at 17:37
Regular
Have you tried http://www.bikehike.co.uk/

Same thing, just a bit simpler!!
Mon 07/02/11 at 15:39
After trying to match Robs OS 1:50,000 description of the ride on Sunday with the 1:25,000 software I was using I thought of a system I use often - MARIO

This has free OS mapping that goes down to an incredible level showing all sorts of info, as you decide, using the tabs in the LH option boxes :)

WARNING: It may be a little daunting at first but it is VERY powerful when you get to grips with it ;)

You can see EVERY path on a map and when scaled down to 1:5000 is pretty detailed. It WILL go well beyond 1:5000 but the Public Rights of Way disappear!

If you get lost or need any clarification, mail me paulATpking1.demon.co.uk
Substituted the AT for @ ;)

Link to MARIO
Sat 08/12/01 at 22:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Fergie really seems to have lost his mind.

These players don't need to be rested! Especially with no Champ League matches this week! They were all fit, why does he keep leaving them out! West Hame are a tricky side, why not play your best squad?? They're struggling as it is!
Sat 08/12/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
In the words of Nelson Muntz "HA HA"!!
Sat 08/12/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Once again, this all goes back to 'Why sell Stam??" or "Why buy Veron"

I don't think we needed Veron, he's only gone and distorted the atacking formation. I don't have a clue why he left out 3 world-class stars, especially when United could have used this match (home vs. West Ham) to kick start the rest of the season, and help turn the terrible league form around!!

The midfield quintet was good enough already, but after losing Greening and Wilson, another attacking midfielder may have been required as back up for Scholes. He brought Veron, but he's not a 'back-up' player!! The defence was the only area that needed investing in really!

Ever since Bruce and Pallister have moved on, the 2 centre backs have never been defined, especially now Stam's gone. It was always said 'Stam needs a partner', but nothing was ever done! It's all too late now as he's moved on. And Blanc is no replacement at his age!!

Blanc may have been a reasonable partner for Stam. But we'll never know now. His experience, along with Stam's responsabillities and potential could've worked very well! I think Stam is a big reason why and how Wes Brown and Michael Silvestre have improved and impressed so much, in such a short space of time!! And now that John O'Shea's (a great prospect for the future) appearing more often, Stam would've definitley helped him progress if he was still here.

I also strongly believe that Yorke should move on, NOW!! Today he was uselesss, and according to what a radio commentator had said, I'm surprised he didn't collapse!! He needs a move for first team football, as he won't get it at Old Trafford anymore! And with more matches he may improve his fitness and stamina, and gradually improve his form. Hhmmmm....maybe it's Jordan that's having this effect on him??

But if Fergie's gunna change things now, I honestly think it's far too late! Especially in the league. There's potential in Europe, and the FA Cup 3rd round draw's tommorow. If Fergie had invested heavily in a world-class centre back (or even got Sol Campbell for free!), instead of Veron, then i'd don't think we'd be in this mess now!!

A bad season like this can only lead to bad things in the summer, and the future! It could mean no 'big name' manager, no new contracts will be signed, meaning Beckham and co. will leave as 'unsettled', and trophies won't be flooding in again like in the 90's, for quite a while.
Sat 08/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
Why on earth does he leave out star players such as Nistelrooy, Veron, Beckham against West Ham today? Fergie definately under-estimated them today.

I think Fergie should stop swapping players round, because half the time the players don't even know who they are playing with!!

What are your thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.