GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice on Buying a Playstation 2. Is it worth it??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/12/01 at 15:23
Regular
Hi there all

Well i am looking to buy a Playstation 2 however i am a bit wary as the cost of games are so expensive..

Can these be chipped and can copied playstation games be played on this..

I need help!!

CHeers
Beachbabe_uk
Tue 11/12/01 at 17:32
Regular
"  "
I was gonna get my PS2 chipped...but the DVD's cost so much their would bew no piont
Tue 11/12/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Maybe........."
Natbuc wrote:
> Don't let the price put u off...besides a bit skint and u could always try
> winning a game off this site

good advice, even though i never won and he only won once
Tue 11/12/01 at 16:58
Regular
"  "
Don't let the price put u off...besides a bit skint and u could always try winning a game off this site
Tue 11/12/01 at 16:46
ps2 games are cheaper than the n64 games. £44 for perfect dark, £54 for pokemon. ps2 games r reasonably priced and they are coming down. u should buy a ps2
Sat 08/12/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
DC games are £28 and PS1 are £25. But the games are coming down in price, a little bit.
Sat 08/12/01 at 20:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
And you really cant complain about the prices of PS2 games anyway, £30-35 is the average prices and thats damn good to what the PS1's, N64 and DC new games tend to cost.
Sat 08/12/01 at 19:57
Regular
If you look around hard enough you can find new PS2 releases for £29.99.

Chipping aint always a good idea, as it can sorten the life of your console...and your warrenty from SONY is invalid. And quite a few PS2 seem to have developed faults anyway, so you would be left with a £200 piece of crap!
Sat 08/12/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Bah"
ok theres no point in you buying a PS2 for copied games as THIS IS ILLEGAL and you can get in trouble for this. Games are at a reasnoable price on many sites including this on and if you look around you can get a good deal on a
PS2. Just again i no a lot of people do it, but piracy is illegal and thats why games cost so much to begin with so if you copy games you are just costing everyone else more money and that aint nice.
The answer for non pirate is it can play PS1 games (non-DVD's) and PS2 DVD games but NOT pirate games as its not chipped like a PSONe and shouldnt be for playing import games
Sat 08/12/01 at 16:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You can play orginal but not copied games.
Sat 08/12/01 at 16:26
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
You can play legit PS1 games on the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.