GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Rain Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Heavy Rain'.
Thu 03/02/11 at 13:19
"Frogs are wicked XD"
Heavy Rain is a single player game portraying the story of Ethan Mars, a loving father of two young boys and a typical loving huband. The game starts with an innocent birthday party and a trip to town, but this soon brings dispair to both parents. Ethan's eldest son, jason i tragically killed in an accident leaving Ethan emotionaly troubled.

The controlling technique is extremely unique, the PS3 controller becomes the mind almost of the character. Using the analog sticks and buttons you control the players every move, the actions they go ahead with and he desicions they make. Every smallest descision can change the outcome of the game

The story soon reveals the devastating deeds of the "origami killer". This person has become a mass murderer leaving dead bodies of young children/teens alone in random areas. They are found drowned, in rain water, an origami dog in the hand and a single orchid on the chest.

As far as Ethan Mars is concerned his just submerged in grief. Until he suddenly has visions of bodies, rain and origami figures. And just when he thought his life couldnt get any worse, his youngest son shaun is abducted. Ethan believes he is hiding he key of finding shaun, he goes through a series of emotional and physical tests in order to save his son before its too late.

The game is played through the eyes of four main characters, Ethan himself, a journalist, an FBI agent and a private investigator. Using the remote control as the deciding tool, its your choices that detemine the end and the life of Shaun Mars.

There are many different endings, some happy some sad, i personally havent discovered all of them but look foward to uncovring the truth.

I rate this unique game 10/10

"how far would you go to save someone you love" < the most emotionaly moving quote of the game
Sun 06/03/11 at 04:49
Regular
be prepared people...Quantic Dream is cranking out 2 more titles
Mon 07/02/11 at 16:30
Regular
"And in last place.."
I don't recommend going for all the endings. I loved the game on first play through, hated it by the time I got my platinum trophy. In some ways it is worth doing to see how it all pans out but at times it is such a chore.
Sat 05/02/11 at 14:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Fantastic game but the controls let it down at times.
Thu 03/02/11 at 13:19
"Frogs are wicked XD"
Heavy Rain is a single player game portraying the story of Ethan Mars, a loving father of two young boys and a typical loving huband. The game starts with an innocent birthday party and a trip to town, but this soon brings dispair to both parents. Ethan's eldest son, jason i tragically killed in an accident leaving Ethan emotionaly troubled.

The controlling technique is extremely unique, the PS3 controller becomes the mind almost of the character. Using the analog sticks and buttons you control the players every move, the actions they go ahead with and he desicions they make. Every smallest descision can change the outcome of the game

The story soon reveals the devastating deeds of the "origami killer". This person has become a mass murderer leaving dead bodies of young children/teens alone in random areas. They are found drowned, in rain water, an origami dog in the hand and a single orchid on the chest.

As far as Ethan Mars is concerned his just submerged in grief. Until he suddenly has visions of bodies, rain and origami figures. And just when he thought his life couldnt get any worse, his youngest son shaun is abducted. Ethan believes he is hiding he key of finding shaun, he goes through a series of emotional and physical tests in order to save his son before its too late.

The game is played through the eyes of four main characters, Ethan himself, a journalist, an FBI agent and a private investigator. Using the remote control as the deciding tool, its your choices that detemine the end and the life of Shaun Mars.

There are many different endings, some happy some sad, i personally havent discovered all of them but look foward to uncovring the truth.

I rate this unique game 10/10

"how far would you go to save someone you love" < the most emotionaly moving quote of the game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.