GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The journey to truth"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 19:21
Regular
A new battle system is what we need in the mysterious genre that is the RPG, this game idea offers that... You are a 15-year old boy working as a slave for these creatures who are like wolves but stand up like people and have huge arm and leg muscles. You don't know your name. All you remember is that when you were 7 you woke up in this slave camp not remembering a thing. The only name you know of yourself is what the wolf people call you, your number; M-592. Other people work there, several your age. There is a girl that you have grown fond of. She likes you too. Though you hardly speak to each other because if the wolf-people catch you, you are whipped many times. The thing that mystifies you is that every night you have the same dream. The dream starts of seeing a beautiful city in the clouds. It is huge, there are people walking down streets talking to each other. There are markets, shops and a Golden Palace where you see a Queen and King standing on the balcony. Then all the clouds turn black and dark horses with black knights on them come rushing into the city. The knights strike down the people walking on the streets, and kill them. Some knights then rush toward the place in search of the king and queen. While the others burn down the houses. Lightning strikes a cloud and a dark figure sits on top of it. Overseeing his nasty buisness. He looks down at you with gleaming red eyes. Then you awake. One day air ships fly over the wolf slave camp. The wolf men run away from there positions going to get their guns. Then soldiers come flying down from the ships in jetpacks with guns in thier hands. The wolf men start to aim thier guns at the soldiers but they blast the wolf men away before one fired a shot. A soldier runs up to you and says, "Your safe now come with me." You and the army man walk toward the ship. He says, "Okay, now I'm going to snap this belt around you were going up. You blast up, and slow down as you reach the ship. He puts you through the hole, and says, "Climb the ladder. It will get you into some good hands." You climb the ladder and find another soldier standing there. He states, "Follow me." You do and he leads you through the ship into a room with beds and says stay here and we will tell you what just happened after we rescue everybody and find any remaining Wolpharian Criminals.

This is where you start off. There are many people sitting on the beds and as you play you talk to them. When your done talking with them. The girl that you know walks in with a soldier. You began to talk, like you ask her name she says Pepella Gralpalm, and you tell her you don't know your name. You talk about the camp, what happened to her, and what happened to you. Soon a soldier comes in an explains that the Wolpharians made a slave camp and the Halani army didn't know about it until a few days ago. Then you step up (uncontrolled) and ask if they have found any information on the names of the people in camp. The soldier says, "Yes, I have it right here.What was your number?' "M-592." you state. "Okay your name is Hal Bardenhane." The soldier answers. Then the soldier tells everyone, " And my name is Sergent Feedcarn, and I will be the person to call in case of anything questions or trouble with anything. Just press the big red button on the wall over there, talk into the speaker, ask for Sergent Feedcarn, and I'll be right over." Sergent Feedcarn leaves and a boy sitting next to you says, Hi I'm Marck, Marck Techni, I was a mechanic until I was captured a year ago when I was 17. Did you notice this ship has a bunch of Ricirs on it?" Two choices come up (No, and I don't care) or (No, and what are Ricirs?) If you say the 1st one he says oh and you might as well talk to him again. If you say the 2nd one, then he tells you, " Well Ricirs are these nasty critters that get on the ships and start taking them apart slowly. When he was putting me on I saw a couple sneaking past the ladder. I told the soldier but he said he's never heard of a Ricir and that I was just making it up. So I'm getting a bunch of people to go down to the hold with me and kill the Ricirs. Were doing it tonight so what do you say?" If you say no then he says, "Come on I need some people or this ship might go down" He'll keep on saying it until you say yes.This is when you get your first weapon the Armblades. He says, Meet you at the hallway at 12:00, see you there" You decide to tell Pepella who says, "Yes" Then you rest in your bed.

You get up, wake up Pepella and hurry to the hallway. There you meet Marck and a bunch of other guys and hurry down to the hull.

BATTLE SYSTEM
Battleing in this game is a little different than in other RPG games. Let's say your battling a Ricir. It would say Attacks you'd go to weapon and press Armblades. It would show a small ball going around a circle and another circle in the middle, larger then the ball, the closer you get it to the circle, or closer to the middle of the smaller circle in the smaller circle by pressing the button the better the attack would be. This is the same with magic. This battle and all others, other than the ball and circle thing is like most RPG games.

After you kill the all the Ricirs by traveling through the maze like hull, you go back to your room. Marck says I'm joining the army, and I asked Sergent Feedcorn what would be the address to write to people in the army, and he said, " Well tell the name and write Halani Army Headquarters and the army will send the letter to that man. So write to me tell me your address's and I'll send 50 Oli's to all of you in no time." After Mark talks you go to sleep. The next day Sergent Feedcorn asks for your city and if a home is still there for you. Some of the people do, some kids without parents go to the orpahange and some people ask if they can join the army including you Pepella and Marck.

The Next part of the game is you doing missions for the army in a RPG way then in one mission (rescuing prisoners from an enemy camp is a wise sorcerer that can't use his magic anymore except one kind. He knows certain things about who you are and what happened to you. He asks you if you know about your past. You say no, then he says, "You have dreams about a city in the clouds and it being destroyed by some evil black army. The King and Queen of that city were your parents and the black army gave you away to the Wolpharians and erased that memory. I guess they couldn't erase it fully. That means you have the Orpha, which means a you have a quest so strong that it must be done and the body generates certain powers to do so. I have it to but I cannot use it anymore because my powers have faded as my age has. I'm the one that devided the Black from the White and it probably had to be done. Now go fulfill your quest, your quest for the truth of everything that made that terrible thing happen, and destroy the black knight Zuxuz who made it happen. This is where you began the real adventure.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:21
A new battle system is what we need in the mysterious genre that is the RPG, this game idea offers that... You are a 15-year old boy working as a slave for these creatures who are like wolves but stand up like people and have huge arm and leg muscles. You don't know your name. All you remember is that when you were 7 you woke up in this slave camp not remembering a thing. The only name you know of yourself is what the wolf people call you, your number; M-592. Other people work there, several your age. There is a girl that you have grown fond of. She likes you too. Though you hardly speak to each other because if the wolf-people catch you, you are whipped many times. The thing that mystifies you is that every night you have the same dream. The dream starts of seeing a beautiful city in the clouds. It is huge, there are people walking down streets talking to each other. There are markets, shops and a Golden Palace where you see a Queen and King standing on the balcony. Then all the clouds turn black and dark horses with black knights on them come rushing into the city. The knights strike down the people walking on the streets, and kill them. Some knights then rush toward the place in search of the king and queen. While the others burn down the houses. Lightning strikes a cloud and a dark figure sits on top of it. Overseeing his nasty buisness. He looks down at you with gleaming red eyes. Then you awake. One day air ships fly over the wolf slave camp. The wolf men run away from there positions going to get their guns. Then soldiers come flying down from the ships in jetpacks with guns in thier hands. The wolf men start to aim thier guns at the soldiers but they blast the wolf men away before one fired a shot. A soldier runs up to you and says, "Your safe now come with me." You and the army man walk toward the ship. He says, "Okay, now I'm going to snap this belt around you were going up. You blast up, and slow down as you reach the ship. He puts you through the hole, and says, "Climb the ladder. It will get you into some good hands." You climb the ladder and find another soldier standing there. He states, "Follow me." You do and he leads you through the ship into a room with beds and says stay here and we will tell you what just happened after we rescue everybody and find any remaining Wolpharian Criminals.

This is where you start off. There are many people sitting on the beds and as you play you talk to them. When your done talking with them. The girl that you know walks in with a soldier. You began to talk, like you ask her name she says Pepella Gralpalm, and you tell her you don't know your name. You talk about the camp, what happened to her, and what happened to you. Soon a soldier comes in an explains that the Wolpharians made a slave camp and the Halani army didn't know about it until a few days ago. Then you step up (uncontrolled) and ask if they have found any information on the names of the people in camp. The soldier says, "Yes, I have it right here.What was your number?' "M-592." you state. "Okay your name is Hal Bardenhane." The soldier answers. Then the soldier tells everyone, " And my name is Sergent Feedcarn, and I will be the person to call in case of anything questions or trouble with anything. Just press the big red button on the wall over there, talk into the speaker, ask for Sergent Feedcarn, and I'll be right over." Sergent Feedcarn leaves and a boy sitting next to you says, Hi I'm Marck, Marck Techni, I was a mechanic until I was captured a year ago when I was 17. Did you notice this ship has a bunch of Ricirs on it?" Two choices come up (No, and I don't care) or (No, and what are Ricirs?) If you say the 1st one he says oh and you might as well talk to him again. If you say the 2nd one, then he tells you, " Well Ricirs are these nasty critters that get on the ships and start taking them apart slowly. When he was putting me on I saw a couple sneaking past the ladder. I told the soldier but he said he's never heard of a Ricir and that I was just making it up. So I'm getting a bunch of people to go down to the hold with me and kill the Ricirs. Were doing it tonight so what do you say?" If you say no then he says, "Come on I need some people or this ship might go down" He'll keep on saying it until you say yes.This is when you get your first weapon the Armblades. He says, Meet you at the hallway at 12:00, see you there" You decide to tell Pepella who says, "Yes" Then you rest in your bed.

You get up, wake up Pepella and hurry to the hallway. There you meet Marck and a bunch of other guys and hurry down to the hull.

BATTLE SYSTEM
Battleing in this game is a little different than in other RPG games. Let's say your battling a Ricir. It would say Attacks you'd go to weapon and press Armblades. It would show a small ball going around a circle and another circle in the middle, larger then the ball, the closer you get it to the circle, or closer to the middle of the smaller circle in the smaller circle by pressing the button the better the attack would be. This is the same with magic. This battle and all others, other than the ball and circle thing is like most RPG games.

After you kill the all the Ricirs by traveling through the maze like hull, you go back to your room. Marck says I'm joining the army, and I asked Sergent Feedcorn what would be the address to write to people in the army, and he said, " Well tell the name and write Halani Army Headquarters and the army will send the letter to that man. So write to me tell me your address's and I'll send 50 Oli's to all of you in no time." After Mark talks you go to sleep. The next day Sergent Feedcorn asks for your city and if a home is still there for you. Some of the people do, some kids without parents go to the orpahange and some people ask if they can join the army including you Pepella and Marck.

The Next part of the game is you doing missions for the army in a RPG way then in one mission (rescuing prisoners from an enemy camp is a wise sorcerer that can't use his magic anymore except one kind. He knows certain things about who you are and what happened to you. He asks you if you know about your past. You say no, then he says, "You have dreams about a city in the clouds and it being destroyed by some evil black army. The King and Queen of that city were your parents and the black army gave you away to the Wolpharians and erased that memory. I guess they couldn't erase it fully. That means you have the Orpha, which means a you have a quest so strong that it must be done and the body generates certain powers to do so. I have it to but I cannot use it anymore because my powers have faded as my age has. I'm the one that devided the Black from the White and it probably had to be done. Now go fulfill your quest, your quest for the truth of everything that made that terrible thing happen, and destroy the black knight Zuxuz who made it happen. This is where you began the real adventure.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:28
"period drama"
Yours?

http://www.gamediscovery.com/category/rpg/ >SPACE< ideas/august/quest-for-truth.html
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:31
Yea i posted it on there a little while ago.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:34
"period drama"
Just a checking.

Nice one, some god ideas there - I don't know how you'd get anyone to take any notice, though. Try sending them to a company or somwhere.
They'll probably nick 'em, or you might get paid for them.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:36
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
We have a copier me thinks....
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
However if you DID write this, there are some very good ideas here. Post them to every gaming company and magazine you can find until someone takes notice.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:41
Kyz22 wrote:
> We have a copier me thinks....

Excuse me, I have not copied this from anywhere but my mind. I have posted this idea on a few forums to get some feedback. I'd appreciate your feedback if you have any.... Yea I have sent it to a few companies and have yet to recieve anything back from them. I just like to share my ideas with other gamers that's all Kyz22.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah sorry if you took any offence at this mate, a lot of newbies steal stories and ideas from other websites and attempt to take credit for them. :-)
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:49
It's ok, thanks for the feedback guys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.