GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Cube On line"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/03 at 11:10
Regular
Has anyone Actually got the Dialup or Broadband adaptor for the game cube, at present it only supports the one game Phantasy Star Online, however i was shocked to see that in order to play on line you have to register (that part is fine) but then you have to pay a monthly fee to play at something like $8.99.

I went into GAME and asked where the Modems were he told me that there is a problem with the modems and until Nintendo sort this out they wouldnt stock them.

I have seen other places selling them but has any actually bought one and setup online i am particluary interested in the broadband, but then again at home i have Freeserve Broadband and i asked them if they had any setup info with Gamecube and Freeserve, they just replied "Not Supported"

I Currently investigated the Xbox Live and this machine seems to be working fine, there are a number of on line games and is compatible with BT Internet and various ADSL/routers.

All we want is to play on line games via our consoles, but with problems with ISPs and Suppliers what can we do.

If any one has got the Gamecube on-line i would like to here from you , on how you are connected, Dialup, Broadband, the service, Freeserve, BT etc. also how you have connected up your Gamecube, viv RS Robotics Dialup 56K modem and last of all how much it has and is costing you to play on line, based that you are connecting in England

Well thanks in advance for any replies
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:37
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
I would absolutely love to play online, and I'm sure PSO is great online....I even have a broadband connection, so thats even better...only thing is I have AOL!man, I sooo hate AOL right now!...I didn't even want to get it, it was my mum....and since its me who pays for broadband, i'd hav prefered to get it with sum other company...oh well, no online for me
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:20
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Well if everyone has the same opinion as me (for I am God - that'll
> kill my career) then they wont give a stuffed turnip about online play
> via consoles.

Yeah but has anyone got the Gamecube working on line? want to know if its worth the effort?
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:02
Regular
Well if everyone has the same opinion as me (for I am God - that'll kill my career) then they wont give a stuffed turnip about online play via consoles.
Thu 27/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
Has no one got any view on this subject? or got Gamecube online?, would like to know more
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:10
Regular
Has anyone Actually got the Dialup or Broadband adaptor for the game cube, at present it only supports the one game Phantasy Star Online, however i was shocked to see that in order to play on line you have to register (that part is fine) but then you have to pay a monthly fee to play at something like $8.99.

I went into GAME and asked where the Modems were he told me that there is a problem with the modems and until Nintendo sort this out they wouldnt stock them.

I have seen other places selling them but has any actually bought one and setup online i am particluary interested in the broadband, but then again at home i have Freeserve Broadband and i asked them if they had any setup info with Gamecube and Freeserve, they just replied "Not Supported"

I Currently investigated the Xbox Live and this machine seems to be working fine, there are a number of on line games and is compatible with BT Internet and various ADSL/routers.

All we want is to play on line games via our consoles, but with problems with ISPs and Suppliers what can we do.

If any one has got the Gamecube on-line i would like to here from you , on how you are connected, Dialup, Broadband, the service, Freeserve, BT etc. also how you have connected up your Gamecube, viv RS Robotics Dialup 56K modem and last of all how much it has and is costing you to play on line, based that you are connecting in England

Well thanks in advance for any replies

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.