GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Current Favourite Music/Recommendations"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/12/01 at 20:20
Regular
Ok, this is kinda like the ‘if you are listening to music now….’ Topic but with a little twist.

List a number of tracks you are listening to most at this current space in time and write a brief explanation of the track.

If that last sentence has confused and twisted your mind then here’s mine to start you all off :-)

A Perfect Circle – 3 Libras
If there’s something A Perfect Circle remind me of its Tool just because of Maynard’s vocals – beautiful. And this song couldn’t really sum up his voice more, a truly beautiful song with a class performance from all the members of the band.

Far - In The Aisle, Yelling
A catchy little tune which makes me realise how much I would of loved to go to a Far concert, though now their over :-( You can really feel this song build, starting with rattling drums and textured vocals to the smashing of drums, hard – melodic riffs and the yelling of ‘Fire’ by Jonah. Oh how I would of loved to be in the crowd during a live performance by this band. I can even play the bass for this track yay!

Far – Joining The Circus
Ok the title put me off at the start but once I sat down and listened I realised that the song wasn’t about Elephants and children spilling ice creams but more a song for children to spill ice creams over. The song is full of slow downs and builds and is a great little track I’ll be listening to for some time yet.

New End Original - #1 Defender
With New End Original being an emo band I wasn’t expecting their music to have that much impact on my emotions, as I really am not much of an emotional person. But, I uploaded this track to my MP3 player and I’m sure it had an effect on me, I know this may sound funny of me but I actually felt like crying at one point! Just listen to it whatever the weather and see what I mean, it gives you a lift.

Pixies – Monkey Gone To Heaven
I first heard this song as a cover by Far but I recently decided to take a listen to the original and I must say I was thoroughly impressed. The song is an old song, dating back to the late 80’s I think but the band sound so modern it’s unbelievable. The guitar riffs in this song scream out to you and the vocals are truly unique, it’s a mix of female and male vocals, which sound western but still sound great for a rock band. The lyrics of this song are also very interesting as the title suggests…….

Pixies – Where Is My Mind
Yes, hearing ‘Monkey Gone To Heaven’ urged me to listen to more by the Pixies. Again the voice is unique and just seems to suit each song they do. This song is a kind of acoustic(y) classic rock song, that’s the image it puts across to me. But it’s not at all an acoustic song with brilliantly timed drumming and semi-hard guitar riffs. One thing that interests me about the Pixies is that their songs are very interesting to listen to. Check ‘em out!

Quicksand – Too Official
One of the original post-hardcore bands gives you one of the greatest post-hardcore experiences with this song. The song in all areas shouts – POST-HARDCORE, possibly at its greatest. The guitars rock in this song and the vocalist has some great talent. The song opens with a deafening bass being joined with churning guitars, brilliant! If you want to hear how great post-hardcore is, take a listen.

Rival Schools – Grunge Model
Being a vocalist myself this track just makes me want to put sweet words to it as I listen. The track is entirely instrumental with no singing at all. Some of you may think that sounds a bit weird or un-professional but believe me its what makes the track a unique listen. It also proves the talent of the band providing interest and flair just through their instruments. If you want to check out more by the Rival School’s (with a singer this time) take a listen to ‘Used For Glue’ another excellent song. How can a band like this be won over by bands like Blink 182? Just listen to these two tracks and see……

System of A Down – Needles
I’m not a great lover of System of A Down, but somehow this track just attracted me when I listened to it. There’s no doubt that System Of A Down are one of the most (how can I put this?) ‘different’ bands out there, I suppose that is there selling point though. This is one eerie song to say the least, the middle of the song is very inspiring though. The vocalist has a range of voices and uses them to the bands benefit. If you’re feeling different today and looking for a song all signs point to ‘Needles’

Texas Is The Reason – Johnny On The Spot
This is one well-composed song which is more then just average in my mind. It’s an emo-rock song by a band that has split to spread their talent elsewhere. If you listen to this song you may ask yourself – why? One things for sure, I will be listening to this more then just once – because it thoroughly deserves it.

Thursday – Autobiography Of A Nation
I just want to firstly say – CHECK OUT THIS BAND – They are no wannabe Blink 182’s or any other, they have a truly unique sound. Never before have I heard a bass play (I think) get so involved using his screams whilst the vocalist uses one talented voice over the screams and solely. Not only that, their young too! I expect a lot from this band in the future, listen to this song as a starting point you won’t regret it.

Weezer – Buddy Holly
I just love the way Weezer make the sound of this song so retro, genius. It sounds just like a classic rock song from the 60’s – 70’s but with a modern finish. I rarely say there is a ‘cool’ part in a song but I can say it for ‘Buddy Holly’, its right in the middle and its quite indescribable. I suppose you’re just going to have to take a listen then :-)

Weezer – Say it Ain’t So
To many people this is a classic, I don’t think anyone who loves rock music has not heard this song. This song just makes me think ‘chill’ just get me in that chill out mode! I think Weezer are possibly like the number one at making ‘cool’ bits in their songs because there’s another in here. There is a change in the song and the only part I can remember after is the singing of “Like Father – Stepfather’ and then the retro feel of Weezers vocals and screeching guitars. If you haven’t heard Weezer before then do yourself and favour and do.

Will Haven – Ego’s Game
Many of my songs have been well-composed slow beautiful songs but ‘Ego’s Game’ is a well-composed heavy metal song. You think Slipknot are heavy? – I laugh in your face. I am listening to this song now and can’t understand the singer/shouter at all but all I know is that this is one song where it actually works. Again Will Haven are an upcoming band and basically slap Slipknot and flick KoRn away, it’s that easy for them. If you like it heavy then Will Haven are you favourite band – no doubt about it :-)

Ok my list was a little longer then some of yours will be but I can’t help tell you what great songs these all are.

I thank you for reading and thank all the bands mentioned on their behalf.

So, your current favourites please……..
Sun 09/12/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Pennywise- Land of the free?

Punk rock rage from the veterans of social and political lyrics, and fast, heavy music.

Fugazi- The Argument

Post-hardcore sounds from the band that helped define the genre.

Offspring- Self Titled

The self titled album by the Offspring is pretty damn good, and no talk of selling out with this album ;-)

Bad Religion- every album ever by them

Every album by these guys is a slice of great punk rock. Great lyrics and great music. Overall a great band!
Sat 08/12/01 at 23:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Actually the Yesterday Went Too Soon album is probably easier to get your hands on

;-)
Sat 08/12/01 at 23:57
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Feeder

Just get the Yeterday Went Too Soon album, nuff said.

:-)
Sat 08/12/01 at 23:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
I recommend the song "My Sacrifice," by Creed. Amazing stuff. I don't think you can buy it, but you can download it.
Sat 08/12/01 at 20:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"F--- You": Pharao Monche
Jimi Hendrix riff, amazing break-beats and some mean rapping with imaginative lyrics, and he drops that latin lingo half-way through, which instantly means it's cooler than anything else.

"Prison Sex": Tool
A song about child-abuse.

"7Jam/Tim Sult Vs The Greys": Clutch
A monumental song. Ends with 5 mins of jamming with some of the best wah-wah solo you'll ever hear.

"No Woman, No Cry": Bob Marley
Perfect, I can't say anything more really. So I won't.

"The Distance": Cake
Awesome riff, excellent lyrics, dead-pan delivery and a full-blooded cowboy-type "Yah!" in a split-second silence before the riff boots back in

"Wild Thing": Tone Loc
Old Skool hip-hop with THAT drum roll in.

---

There are more but I'm off to play GTA3 now.
Sat 08/12/01 at 18:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Some of what I reccomend at the moment is:

Band: Il Nino (i dunno how to do that Spanish thing on the 'n')
Track: 'Liar'

Band: Adema
Track: 'Giving In'

Band: Taproot
Track: 'Again And Again'

Band: Linkin Park
Album: Hybrid Theory

Band: Limp Bizkit
Album: 3 Dollar Bill, Yall$

Band: Lost Pophets
Track: 'Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja' -they're Welsh!!
Sat 08/12/01 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Albums -

Mad Caddies - Rock The Plank

thats all i am listening to at the momemt!
Sat 08/12/01 at 16:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
The Coral - Bad Man
Sat 08/12/01 at 16:39
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Have you bought Ok Computer yet? ;)

That was me that was gonna do that, you twinkle!

And no, I havn't yet.

As for a song... How You Remind Me by Nickelback is pretty good.
Sat 08/12/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Have you bought Ok Computer yet? ;)

Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm

Sigur Ros - Staraflur

Manics - Motorcycle Emptiness

Manics - Masses Against the Classes

All being played regularly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.