GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"imagettfbbox and imagettftext"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/07 at 18:14
Regular
"That's 2 whole M's"
I get a 'function not found' error if I try to use these two PHP functions since the server upgrade, which would tend to suggest that either GD or FreeType has not been installed. Has anyone else experienced this?
Mon 06/08/07 at 16:53
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Holiday over now!

Check the server your site is running on and you should see Freetype compiled now. If not then with any luck it'll be done by the end of the day, just doing each server in turn. PHP4 should be up to 4.4.7 as well.
Mon 06/08/07 at 11:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Eccles wrote:
> Update:The engineers are still looking into getting
> Freetype installed. Apparently it's no as simple as it may seem
> and it breaks when the usual method is followed! You can keep an
> eye on
> http://www.phptest.myfreeola.com/
> and
> http://www.phptest.myfreeola.com/index.php5
> and check for --with-freetype or
> --with-freetype-dir=/ in the Configure Command
> section.
> Apologies for the holdup.

Lol... no worries, thats cool - Thanks for trying anyway!
Btw... Working whilst on holiday???
Mon 06/08/07 at 09:56
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The rest are in the pipeline! Sorry no special treatment!:) I have sent a message to the engineers to hopefully get some idea of a timing for the software upgrades.
Sun 05/08/07 at 22:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Eccles, clicking on that link shows PHP 4.4.4 is installed without Freetype, yet on Server 2, PHP has been upgraded to 4.4.7, with Freetype, and has been for a little while. Are the rest in the pipeline, or was my server only upgraded to shut me up? :)
Thu 02/08/07 at 21:18
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Update:The engineers are still looking into getting Freetype installed. Apparently it's no as simple as it may seem and it breaks when the usual method is followed! You can keep an eye on http://www.phptest.myfreeola.com/ and http://www.phptest.myfreeola.com/index.php5 and check for --with-freetype or --with-freetype-dir=/ in the Configure Command section.
Apologies for the holdup.
Mon 30/07/07 at 21:03
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not sure I'm afraid. Still in Canada at the moment so should be able to tell you in couple of days depending on how bad the jet lag is. Or you could email webmaster at freeola dot com and one of my colleagues will pick it up.
Mon 30/07/07 at 12:00
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Hey guys; Just a quick check-up - Any news on this issue at all?
Mon 16/07/07 at 10:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Eccles wrote:
> Nothing yet. Have you tried running phpinfo() and seeing what
> comes up.
>
> I'll get someone to chase this up asap as I'm off for a couple
> of weeks now.

Yeah, it's still screwed...

Guestbook form page

If someone could give me a shout when they know whether this function will be added it would be much appreciated.
Fri 13/07/07 at 22:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Nothing yet. Have you tried running phpinfo() and seeing what comes up.

I'll get someone to chase this up asap as I'm off for a couple of weeks now.
Fri 13/07/07 at 12:51
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Hi Eccles - Any update from this so far?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.