GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The smallest console wars"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/12/01 at 16:42
Regular
Has anyone noticed that even though all the consoles are a lot more advanced, they are all(well.. excluding the X-Box)
really small. The Gamecube is a small cube (not suprising...the name) and the PS2 is the size of a small laptop. One thing that makes a great difference between the Gamecube and PS2+X-Box is the Gamecube has no loading times. It's so quick, on Eternal Darknesss(I think it was that game)they had to have artifiucial loading times inserted into it as the difference from walking between 2 rooms felt odd.
Fri 07/12/01 at 16:42
Regular
Has anyone noticed that even though all the consoles are a lot more advanced, they are all(well.. excluding the X-Box)
really small. The Gamecube is a small cube (not suprising...the name) and the PS2 is the size of a small laptop. One thing that makes a great difference between the Gamecube and PS2+X-Box is the Gamecube has no loading times. It's so quick, on Eternal Darknesss(I think it was that game)they had to have artifiucial loading times inserted into it as the difference from walking between 2 rooms felt odd.
Fri 07/12/01 at 19:27
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Mr. Gamecube wrote:
One thing that makes a great difference between the Gamecube and PS2+X-Box is the Gamecube has no loading times.

That while true at the moment, is wrong, so to speak. Many of the up coming PS2 games including Jak and Daxter are using something called Stream Loading where the whole game actually loads while playing, so you never experience the actual proccess taking place. Many more new games will use this and even more when the hard drive is released.
Fri 07/12/01 at 19:31
Regular
Oh welll. Thankz 4 tellin me. Thats quite a good idea !
Tue 25/01/11 at 08:48
Regular
"Many of you got up this morning, you hopped out of bed and you got in the shower and turned it on and out came hot water. But at our house, you had to take the water out the sink put it into this steel tub, sit it on the stove and then turn on the stove with a gas heater because we didn't have a hot water heater." Saturday morning, middle and high school students listened to Ephren Taylor, who became a self made millionaire at the age of 17. At the age of 12, he was developing and making his own video games and had a dot com company while he was still in high school. Taylor's appearance was sponsored by Zeta Upsilon Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority and the Youth Development Foundation of Pinellas County.

Taylor, dressed in a sports jacket and jeans, told the students how tough it was growing up poor in Carlisle, Mississippi. Taylor used humor to explain how he was picked on at school for not having the latest name brand tennis mbt scarpe(www.shoesmbt.info). He joked with the students, telling them that his parents bought him the generic, no name mbt scarpe that he wanted to paint a Nike swoosh on. He also told the crowd that people like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. made enormous sacrifices that eventually helped his family get out of poverty. "And because of that sacrifice, my father had the opportunity to go back to school and he got his degree in electrical engineering and because of that education - because of that particular degree - it afforded him better jobs. He made more money and we got up out of Carlisle, Mississippi."

Keonna Welch is a senior at Gibbs High School and says she is amazed by Taylor's success. "He went and purchased books that taught him how to create video games and from that he made a website and made millions of dollars off of that and that was the start of his outstanding - amazing - career and I think he was 17. He was my age when he did that." Besides being the youngest African-American CEO of a publicly traded company, he's also an author. He adds, "Now I spend my time really traveling the country training other entrepreneurs, training other young people about not only how to create wealth and self sufficiency for themselves, but also how to impart that back into the community to open up other doors for others."
Wed 26/01/11 at 03:04
"The Boss Lady"
What the f**k has any of the b******t that you typed out got to do with this website or forum and the information contained herein you moron?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.