GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game of the Year!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/12/01 at 13:04
Regular
What game has been the most memorable for you this year, which one stands out amongst the rest and in your opinion represents something that deserves the title of 'game of the year' - has the best game of all time been released in 2001, and would we even of known if one had?

Irrespective of your games console, after all, games are games, what do you believe is the best game of 2001 so far, do you think it's the best game of all time, if so say why, and if not, perhaps say which is the best game of all time. Naturally everyone will have a difference of opinion, so please respect the person who says Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is the best game of all time, for they clealy know nothing and have missed out on something...:-)

In my view, the game that has really had the biggest impact this year and has been in my opinion 'the' best game of the year, is Shenmue 2. Unfortunately, this game hasn't had th best opportunity to shine as it's out on a console, void from retail stores, but that doesn't vex me in one way at all - it's an absolutely breathtaking epic that makes Shenmue 1 seem as interesting as rolling a dice.

Visually awe inspiring, this has to be the most lifelike title of all time, and really does have to be played, or at the very least seen, to be believed. Ryo is back again, only this time he's not dubbed over, subtitles make the game more authentic - and the acting seems a world apart from the game before it.

Anyway, there're more cut scenes, worlds to uncover - you can become lost in Shenmue 2 even more than the first, play for hours, maybe even days on end, think you are actually Ryo again and when you've completed it you might actually find real life boring in comparison.

I would be tempted to say this is the best game of all time it's definitely one of them, and when it's released on the X Box it'll hopefully receive the recognition that it deserves, and people will be making shrines for Yu Suzuki, possibly.

However, Nights is definitely the best game of all time, in my viewpoint anyway.

Thanks ever so much for reading, please have your say!
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:04
What game has been the most memorable for you this year, which one stands out amongst the rest and in your opinion represents something that deserves the title of 'game of the year' - has the best game of all time been released in 2001, and would we even of known if one had?

Irrespective of your games console, after all, games are games, what do you believe is the best game of 2001 so far, do you think it's the best game of all time, if so say why, and if not, perhaps say which is the best game of all time. Naturally everyone will have a difference of opinion, so please respect the person who says Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is the best game of all time, for they clealy know nothing and have missed out on something...:-)

In my view, the game that has really had the biggest impact this year and has been in my opinion 'the' best game of the year, is Shenmue 2. Unfortunately, this game hasn't had th best opportunity to shine as it's out on a console, void from retail stores, but that doesn't vex me in one way at all - it's an absolutely breathtaking epic that makes Shenmue 1 seem as interesting as rolling a dice.

Visually awe inspiring, this has to be the most lifelike title of all time, and really does have to be played, or at the very least seen, to be believed. Ryo is back again, only this time he's not dubbed over, subtitles make the game more authentic - and the acting seems a world apart from the game before it.

Anyway, there're more cut scenes, worlds to uncover - you can become lost in Shenmue 2 even more than the first, play for hours, maybe even days on end, think you are actually Ryo again and when you've completed it you might actually find real life boring in comparison.

I would be tempted to say this is the best game of all time it's definitely one of them, and when it's released on the X Box it'll hopefully receive the recognition that it deserves, and people will be making shrines for Yu Suzuki, possibly.

However, Nights is definitely the best game of all time, in my viewpoint anyway.

Thanks ever so much for reading, please have your say!
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:10
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I reckon most people will say GTA3 so far this year.

Personally I enjoyed playing Max Payne (while it lasted) the most
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:13
Regular
"I confused?"
I've bought 3 console this year so my game play has been very varied. But as it stands I have played loads jet set radio, rouge squadron, goldeneye, Mario kart, GTA 2 and Lylat Wars. The games I've hated are Wingover two and Quake 3.
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:34
Regular
Snowbear? have you changed your name or something?
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I'm guessing its Dan2k1 in disguise
:D
Fri 07/12/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive enjoyed playing many games this year - None more so than Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer!!
Sat 08/12/01 at 00:17
i cant wait for MGS2! but the next wicked game will be max payne, only for a short while though
Sat 08/12/01 at 11:07
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
For PS2 - GTA3
For N64 - Perfect Dark, or CBFD, can't decide!
For GBA - F Zero MV
For GBC - Perfect Dark
Sat 08/12/01 at 11:16
GTA 3 is certainly a great game.
Sat 08/12/01 at 11:19
Regular
Yes, Shenmue II is truly amazing. The depth and detail of the graphics has still not been surpassed. The mountainous woodlands of Guilin on disc 4 was breathtaking. But it's the variety of gameplay that makes it truly great: the gambling, the fighting, the mini games, the arm-wrestling, etc. The storyline is also becoming the most epic in video game history. So Shenmue II gets my vote. Although Headhunter comes a close second.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.