GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HOW DO THEY DO THAT?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/12/01 at 09:55
Regular
I have in the past submitted reviews, and discussions, and won just once???!!! very nice feeling it was too!!
I wonder how so many regular names are up on the winners board. In just a few days, the same person can win 3 or 4 times. I have even wondered whether they may be related to the Special Reserve staff!! or simply are perched up next to their keyboards with a drinking straw fixed into their mouths, so that they never leave the room for a meal relief. How do they do that? I have visions of someone stinking of unwashed body odour, and a broom handle wedged up his back to keep him from falling away from his all important typing. Being spoon fed from a partner, for fear that he might die of starvation. It would be terrible if you were to die without the joy of winning a game from one of your entries!!!
How do they do that? I have only ever won once? (at this point people should go 'aaaaaaaaah'). Never mind, congrats to those who walk around eventually, looking like a zombie from 'resident evil', and thinking about it, with their hands stook out in front of them in typing poise they really do look like the walking zombies from resident evil.
How do they do that? Please let me win just once more?!!!
I am married with 25 kids, and not long to live....(60 years at maximum). Again, how do they do that?
Fri 07/12/01 at 09:55
I have in the past submitted reviews, and discussions, and won just once???!!! very nice feeling it was too!!
I wonder how so many regular names are up on the winners board. In just a few days, the same person can win 3 or 4 times. I have even wondered whether they may be related to the Special Reserve staff!! or simply are perched up next to their keyboards with a drinking straw fixed into their mouths, so that they never leave the room for a meal relief. How do they do that? I have visions of someone stinking of unwashed body odour, and a broom handle wedged up his back to keep him from falling away from his all important typing. Being spoon fed from a partner, for fear that he might die of starvation. It would be terrible if you were to die without the joy of winning a game from one of your entries!!!
How do they do that? I have only ever won once? (at this point people should go 'aaaaaaaaah'). Never mind, congrats to those who walk around eventually, looking like a zombie from 'resident evil', and thinking about it, with their hands stook out in front of them in typing poise they really do look like the walking zombies from resident evil.
How do they do that? Please let me win just once more?!!!
I am married with 25 kids, and not long to live....(60 years at maximum). Again, how do they do that?
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It sounds like you've seen pb at work, then.
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:04
Regular
"DS..."
Dunno how they do it, but i don't post 24/7 and have recently won once, so maybe it's quality not quantity? I don't know but what i do know is that if someone wins GAD theres definately a good reason for it.
slik ~_~
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:06
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
What did you win for? And what did you coose? Tony Hawk 2? Were you the guy I told would never get bored or it?
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:07
Regular
"DS..."
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> What did you win for? And what did you coose? Tony Hawk 2? Were you the guy I
> told would never get bored or it?

yeah i think so, I won the extra, extra GAD for the News story.
slik ~_~
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:09
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Oh, well done.
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:09
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
You deserve a win after 287 days of SR.
Fri 07/12/01 at 10:15
Regular
"DS..."
Cheers, you desreve to win anyway.
slik ~_~
Fri 07/12/01 at 11:36
Regular
"not dead"
Hello, and welcome to...

HOW DO THEY DO THAT?

Today I shall be asking

HOW DO THEY DO THAT?

to Arthur P. Crutch from Crystal Dynamics how they have managed to come up with such a crap name for one of their Xbox titles Mad Dash Racing.

So, Arthur, Mad Dash Racing really is a very, very crap name for a game, you really have managed to capture the complete essence of naffness, so may I ask

HOW DO THEY DO THAT?

Well we here at Crystal Dynamics wanted a name that would really tell you what the game was about, and if you've played it you'll certainly know that it's mad! Just look at those zany characters, aren't they mad? Oh, and you must dash, in order to win the race. And the word racing is thrown in too, because we wanted to make it obvious that it was a racing game. Though the word dash really does imply that already, doesn't it? And I'm not so sure that the word 'Mad' is right either, they're definitly more 'Wacky' than 'Mad'. Um, can we change the title to 'Wacky Racers?' Oh, that's already taken. Um, Mad Dash Racing it is then. Damn, that it a crap name. Damn, no one will buy that.

Thank you Arthur. Join us again next time when we ask

HOW DO THEY DO THAT?
Fri 07/12/01 at 11:45
Regular
diceman56 wrote:
I have visions of someone stinking of unwashed body odour, and a broom
> handle wedged up his back to keep him from falling away from his all important
> typing. Being spoon fed from a partner, for fear that he might die of
> starvation.

Speaking of Wookiee, has anyone seen him about today?

Maybe the broom has fallen out...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.