GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Take advantage..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/12/01 at 01:42
Regular
...of graphic software that develop games.

The only console I have is a PS2, with a small selection of games.
After playing these games, day in and day out, I thought to myself…”Why does one game have to look better than the other”. The answer is obvious…“game developers”.

Anyone who knows about ‘polygons’ would know that it takes a certain amount of polygons to form a character with smooth lines…that means, no jagged edges, no blocky corners, nothing wrong in any way.
So why can’t all game developers be the same?
That’s easy…each company has different artists working for them. Whatever comes in their head goes on paper or computer. Nobody can think the same. But the funny thing is that the majority of them use the very same graphics package to develop these games, so why can they not take full advantage of them like some developers do, Polyphony Digital being a good example.

Why can’t artists do this? It’s not difficult…after all, they all know how to use these graphic packages 100%, otherwise, they would not be offered a job in the business.

Anyway…all I am trying to say is that game developers should reach out a bit more and find out exactly what us gamers are looking for in a game.

People say that graphics isn’t everything, some say that gameplay is. Well I personally consider everything neutral, yet everything in a game should be 100% perfect. They make films perfect, so why can’t they do it for games?

Thank you,

Street Fighter
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 07/12/01 at 01:42
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
...of graphic software that develop games.

The only console I have is a PS2, with a small selection of games.
After playing these games, day in and day out, I thought to myself…”Why does one game have to look better than the other”. The answer is obvious…“game developers”.

Anyone who knows about ‘polygons’ would know that it takes a certain amount of polygons to form a character with smooth lines…that means, no jagged edges, no blocky corners, nothing wrong in any way.
So why can’t all game developers be the same?
That’s easy…each company has different artists working for them. Whatever comes in their head goes on paper or computer. Nobody can think the same. But the funny thing is that the majority of them use the very same graphics package to develop these games, so why can they not take full advantage of them like some developers do, Polyphony Digital being a good example.

Why can’t artists do this? It’s not difficult…after all, they all know how to use these graphic packages 100%, otherwise, they would not be offered a job in the business.

Anyway…all I am trying to say is that game developers should reach out a bit more and find out exactly what us gamers are looking for in a game.

People say that graphics isn’t everything, some say that gameplay is. Well I personally consider everything neutral, yet everything in a game should be 100% perfect. They make films perfect, so why can’t they do it for games?

Thank you,

Street Fighter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.