GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can a PS2 bought in France work in UK??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/12/01 at 22:28
Regular
Does anybody know if this is possible? I think the voltage and power ratings etc. are the same but could somebody confirm that? and will UK games work on it???
Thu 06/12/01 at 22:28
Does anybody know if this is possible? I think the voltage and power ratings etc. are the same but could somebody confirm that? and will UK games work on it???
Thu 06/12/01 at 22:49
Regular
Should be able to.

As for the games, ever notice how games always take longer to be released over here? well they gotta convert them into all the europeon languages! so yes, UK games will work as well. Becasue they are the same thing.
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:03
Regular
"size does matter"
I can confirm that it does, anyway, all European ps2s are the same. Games too, only pay attention to RPGs and games like that, as they may have country-specific language only.

I have a ps2 bought in the French-speaking part of Switzerland, and I have played games bought from Switzerland, Austria and UK. Everything works fine.

And the best thing is - I've never even had any problems with my ps2 that people are usually complaining about here:)))
Fri 07/12/01 at 17:01
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Or†ega wrote:
> Should be able to.

As for the games, ever notice how games always take
> longer to be released over here? well they gotta convert them into all the
> europeon languages!

why are we last in line for MGS2 then.. the US was first(an english speaking country i do beleive) then the Japs and finally us...nout to do with language
Fri 07/12/01 at 18:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
He means that the games makers make one version for USA, one for Japan, and one for the whole of Europe.

This means when they make the europe copy they have to put the languages such as french and german on it. So they only have to make one language for the Japan version, one for the USA version, but lots for the UK version. This makes it take a lot longer to produce, so we get it last.

It would be much better if they released one for the UK, and another for the rest of Europe at a later date.

Europe is also their last priorty.
Fri 07/12/01 at 23:14
Regular
"size does matter"
You`re right, that`s pretty much how it works. For the US and Japan they make an NTSC version, and for Europe a PAL version. Of course they make the game for the biggest markets first (the same system anyway, just different languages), and then for Europe which is complicated because of the different system and different languages. And regarding RPGs and games like that, sometimes they make a special version for each language (if there`s a lot of talk), no wonder it all takes time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.