GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Imagine"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/08/00 at 12:55
Regular
As consoles continue to develop, the graphics in games become so breathtaking that sometimes you have to pinch yourself. As the power and memory of consoles increase the old saying that stick with a PC for the best graphics is becoming less and less true. Dreamcast is just the start of future gaming and by the time Star-Cube hits the shelves people will simply sit with their jaw in their lap dribbling. Its not long before PC’s will be old news and consoles will take over. Even Bill Gates is catching on as he will try to poke his nose into the console industry with his X-Box, will it take off ? only time will tell. These next generation consoles are just the beginning of arcade in your front room style gaming and who knows VR gaming could be with us and WE could be the star of the game. Just imagine driving around London and seeing the local Pub or the chippy where you get your cod and chips every Saturday night. The prospects of gaming in the future is just unbelievable and I cant wait to find out what we have in the pipeline for us.
Sun 27/08/00 at 12:55
As consoles continue to develop, the graphics in games become so breathtaking that sometimes you have to pinch yourself. As the power and memory of consoles increase the old saying that stick with a PC for the best graphics is becoming less and less true. Dreamcast is just the start of future gaming and by the time Star-Cube hits the shelves people will simply sit with their jaw in their lap dribbling. Its not long before PC’s will be old news and consoles will take over. Even Bill Gates is catching on as he will try to poke his nose into the console industry with his X-Box, will it take off ? only time will tell. These next generation consoles are just the beginning of arcade in your front room style gaming and who knows VR gaming could be with us and WE could be the star of the game. Just imagine driving around London and seeing the local Pub or the chippy where you get your cod and chips every Saturday night. The prospects of gaming in the future is just unbelievable and I cant wait to find out what we have in the pipeline for us.
Sun 27/08/00 at 18:00
Regular
Rozzy wrote:
> Just imagine driving around London
> and seeing the local Pub or the chippy where you get your cod and
> chips every Saturday night

Jesus! That would be amazing!
Wed 30/08/00 at 19:40
my my grix, I pity your thickness. That is not the point, the point is imagine a game that could imitate life, a game in that the environment is familiar to you like Shenmue in London or Edinburgh where you progress and do tasks in places where you have actually been. Ok pulling up outside a chip shop in your Jag isnt exactly amazing but if lifelike graphics could be combined with familiar environments it would be cool. I would like to see you come up with a vision of future gaming anyway.
Wed 30/08/00 at 19:45
You see, playing a video game is much like making love to a beautiful woman... you slot your cartridge in, press all the buttons, make it to the top of the highscore table, only to be beaten by another guy...
Wed 30/08/00 at 19:47
Pardon? What did you say? Stop that at once...
Wed 30/08/00 at 20:30
My life is one big game. I don't need Virt.real. I am plugged in ./man...cookin'
Thu 31/08/00 at 09:07
Regular
"not dead"
Just imagine, pulling up outside your local pub and waiting....patiently. Then you see him, you hate him, so you shoot him. In the leg. When he falls to the ground in agony you shoot him again. In the head. Three times. And as you live in a small village there are no police around for miles, so you can drive off again and no body would know....

...but then you'd switch off the game and go to the pub, and he'd be there, alive. So you'd laugh, and see him screaming in agony again. Then you'd laugh some more, until the men in white coats came and took you away.
Thu 31/08/00 at 11:27
hell yeah, that would be cool!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.