GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 5 - FREEOLA EXTRA CHALLENGE - GT5 REVIEW - EXTRA GAD PRIZE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/11 at 14:51
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Updated with links to reviews submitted:

HighflyerVII - "The gleam of perfection that caresses the cars and tracks".
GT5 by HighflyerVII

CheekyLee - "it has always been a sort of obsessive-compulsive crawl towards a virtual reality".
GT5 by CheekyLee

pb - "Maybe, in their bid for accuracy, the team came across a bunch of cardboard trees".
GT5 by pb

CLOSED .... CLOSED .... CLOSED .... CLOSED ....

Submit your review of Gran Turismo 5 by the end of January.

Best full review (OK well you don't have to quite complete the whole thing) will win this EXTRA GAD - any game of your choice up to £45.

There is no guarantee of a winner: For example if we only receive one review and it says "yeah it's a good game" then we're not mug enough to give away our dosh for that. But providing there is a worthy review attempt then the winner will be announced on this thread at the very beginning of February.

LOOK TONY - it says the BEGINNING of February

Pass the word on to your mates at school, uni, work etc. please.

UK participants only please. Normal Freeola rules apply.
Wed 12/01/11 at 14:51
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Updated with links to reviews submitted:

HighflyerVII - "The gleam of perfection that caresses the cars and tracks".
GT5 by HighflyerVII

CheekyLee - "it has always been a sort of obsessive-compulsive crawl towards a virtual reality".
GT5 by CheekyLee

pb - "Maybe, in their bid for accuracy, the team came across a bunch of cardboard trees".
GT5 by pb

CLOSED .... CLOSED .... CLOSED .... CLOSED ....

Submit your review of Gran Turismo 5 by the end of January.

Best full review (OK well you don't have to quite complete the whole thing) will win this EXTRA GAD - any game of your choice up to £45.

There is no guarantee of a winner: For example if we only receive one review and it says "yeah it's a good game" then we're not mug enough to give away our dosh for that. But providing there is a worthy review attempt then the winner will be announced on this thread at the very beginning of February.

LOOK TONY - it says the BEGINNING of February

Pass the word on to your mates at school, uni, work etc. please.

UK participants only please. Normal Freeola rules apply.
Wed 12/01/11 at 15:14
"possibly impossible"
Ooh, nice.

Not really fair on those that don't own a PS3 (or a copy of the game) though.

Is there a reason why it's just GT5 or could it be GT5 or Forza for instance?

Anyway, will work on my review...
Wed 12/01/11 at 15:28
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
Not really fair on those that don't own a PS3 (or a copy of the game) though.

That made me lol! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 12/01/11 at 15:54
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I personally don't think that I will have played enough of the game by the end of January to give a serious in-depth review of it. But I have got a couple of days free soon so I might get one submitted.
Wed 12/01/11 at 16:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
As someone who isn't a car enthusiast I could certainly give a balanced view of it but meh, I'm really not that bothered.
I was hoping this was going to be something more like the GT5 Challenge I suggested a while ago.
Wed 12/01/11 at 16:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
Knew I should have got a PS3.
Wed 12/01/11 at 17:03
"possibly impossible"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Knew I should have got a PS3.

Why not just do a review from the point of view of someone who hasn't played the game but has seen the ads and all the reviews and knows people who have.

ie:

Gran Turismo (the advert) looks great on TV. While it's not quite as interactive as I'd hoped, it does make a good advert for the PS3.

My mate Dan says the game is great to play but the menu sucks, so you can expect some great gameplay if you can navigate the poor menu structure.
Wed 12/01/11 at 17:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:
My mate Dan says the game is great to play but the menu sucks, so you can expect some great gameplay if you can navigate the poor menu structure.

He's right, the menu system is an absolute abomination, searching for the required car for a specific race is nightmarish, selling your entire garage requires you to do it indivually, aquiring cars from the delivery truck and placing them in your garage requires you to get in them first and the arcade section is seemingly just a long list of cars with no way to sort them, which is a problem through the entire game.
All this from not really even looking that hard at it.

Try to enter the Japaness Classic race
Told I don't have the right car
Not provided with a link to the car
Go back through a very slow menu system to market
Not told which car is right
Not allowed to sort except for price
Eventually work out that there are no cars available for that race
Exit and go through menu to different race
Try to enter European Classic race
Told I don't have the right car

Repeat to fade
Wed 12/01/11 at 17:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
Why pick a game for this challenge which is exclusive to one platform ? (which quite a few of us forum members don't own).Seems a strange choice TBH,especially as most big titles released of late have been multi-platform ?.I have played GT5 very briefly at my mates but nowhere near enough to possibly write a review of it.Could write a review of the games horrific installation process.I would write it in real time so it would take about a fortnight to read.Anyway,good luck to all that enter.
Wed 12/01/11 at 17:28
Regular
Nin wrote:
He's right, the menu system is an absolute abomination...

Let me just move the cursor one place over to the left to view my garage.... Oh, I've accidentally hovered over every other option first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.