GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"January Gaming"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/11 at 13:40
"possibly impossible"
Traditionally, January is the month of drought for gaming, but there are at least a couple of big titles coming out this month.

Little Big Planet 2 PS3
While the first game was happy to let you build basic platform levels, the sequel has ambitions far above this. It has the potential to create shoot-em-ups, racing games and plenty of other genres of game, all inside the LBP world.

Dead Space 2 360 and PS3
The first game was really scary and according to previews, the sequel aims to be a double brown-trouser experience. There is also multi player this time around, which should be interesting to see how this is implemented.

Mass Effect 2 PS3
Finally coming to PS3, with an interactive back story in place of the first game and some new material, plus all the DLC included. Mass Effect 2 is such a great game and now Playstation 3 owners can experience it too.

DC Universe Online PC and PS3
PC and PS3 owners get to play super-hero alongside Superman, Batman, Flash and other DC heroes. The first proper console MMO for the current gen. The only downside is that this will come with a monthly fee attached.

Mind-Jack 360 and PS3
I admit to knowing next to nothing about this odd looking game, other than you have the power to steal other people's bodies and enter the 'mind' of computers in order to complete your mission. Worth waiting for the reviews to hit.

True Crime: Hong Kong 360
An Open World crime drama, fighting against the Triads. It sounds a bit like a mix of GTA and Stranglehold. Should be interesting to see how this does.
Mon 24/01/11 at 20:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Torino wrote:
Now that I've got LIVE set up I'm hardly playing anything other than Medal of Honor online. It may not have the same volume of players than the like of Call of Duty, but I'm really enjoying it all the same.

How many times have I got to 'suggest' MOH as being streets better than BOps (PC version).....no lag, game type of your choice and few players, no gimmicks and very little 'upgrade' for advancement up the levelling tree..an excellent MP game. No wonder it scored 72% in PCGamer and BOps scored 64%....dream on Treyarch, bad move ha ha
Mon 24/01/11 at 19:55
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Now that I've got LIVE set up I'm hardly playing anything other than Medal of Honor online. It may not have the same volume of players than the like of Call of Duty, but I'm really enjoying it all the same.
Mon 24/01/11 at 19:46
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Thank you for your review of LittleBigPlanet 2, McLong. However in the short amount that you've written about it, I'm afraid I don't know any more. Perhaps you'd like to start off talking about the main points, story, graphics, gameplay, that sort of thing ;)

In all seriousness, despite not having been able to get into it very much, I concur.
Mon 24/01/11 at 17:21
Regular
Update: I ended up buying LBP2 on Saturday (traded in COD:BO and NBA 2K11) and it's absolutely fantastic.

The end.
Sat 15/01/11 at 13:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
True Crime Hong Kong has rockstar written all over it. Was impressed with the E3 demonstration, but actual gameplay doesn't look too great.
Sat 15/01/11 at 11:05
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I have the first Dead space (Extraction) on the wii and absolutely loved it. I was really disappointed to learn that the sequel was only going to be made for the xbox360 and ps3. As usual some of the best games don't come back to the wii.

By the way - Dead Space 2 is also coming to PC
Thu 13/01/11 at 10:45
Regular
"And in last place.."
I'd like to get my hands on LBP 2, Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 but I'll not be buying another game until I'm done with Fallout New Vegas. Really enjoying it and it shows no sign of finishing.
Wed 12/01/11 at 17:33
Regular
Also looking forward to LBP2. I only played the first one briefly but I downloaded the 2Gb demo of LBP2, and it's pretty damn fun. I imagine this is one I could spend ages on if I decide to buy it.

Edit: I also need to find the time/money for AC:B and Brink over the next couple of months too.
Wed 12/01/11 at 16:00
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I look forward to LBP2, and sincerely hope that I can get through enough games soon so that I can give Mass Effect 2 enough of the attention it apparently deserves.

A reboot of the True Crime series could be interesting. I enjoyed the first two despite the critical disclaim that it got, but I'm fairly sure it's not due out this month...
Wed 12/01/11 at 13:40
"possibly impossible"
Traditionally, January is the month of drought for gaming, but there are at least a couple of big titles coming out this month.

Little Big Planet 2 PS3
While the first game was happy to let you build basic platform levels, the sequel has ambitions far above this. It has the potential to create shoot-em-ups, racing games and plenty of other genres of game, all inside the LBP world.

Dead Space 2 360 and PS3
The first game was really scary and according to previews, the sequel aims to be a double brown-trouser experience. There is also multi player this time around, which should be interesting to see how this is implemented.

Mass Effect 2 PS3
Finally coming to PS3, with an interactive back story in place of the first game and some new material, plus all the DLC included. Mass Effect 2 is such a great game and now Playstation 3 owners can experience it too.

DC Universe Online PC and PS3
PC and PS3 owners get to play super-hero alongside Superman, Batman, Flash and other DC heroes. The first proper console MMO for the current gen. The only downside is that this will come with a monthly fee attached.

Mind-Jack 360 and PS3
I admit to knowing next to nothing about this odd looking game, other than you have the power to steal other people's bodies and enter the 'mind' of computers in order to complete your mission. Worth waiting for the reviews to hit.

True Crime: Hong Kong 360
An Open World crime drama, fighting against the Triads. It sounds a bit like a mix of GTA and Stranglehold. Should be interesting to see how this does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.