GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"phpmy admin on 64bit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/01/11 at 19:46
Regular
"shoobedooo"
I can't log in to phpmy admin on freeola on the new laptop.
From what I've found on other forums there seems to be a problem with logging in on 64 bit machines.
I'm not clever enough to know after that what they're talking about. Is there an easy way round this rather than fire up the old and dying laptop?
Cheers!
Mon 10/01/11 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Evening slowaneasy...

The 64-bit version of IE can only host native 64-bit ActiveX controls and other 64-bit Web page objects. The 32-bit version can't. But there is nothing really different between them ie better performance etc :¬)
Mon 10/01/11 at 19:37
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Hi,

As far as I'm aware, running a 64bit operating system should not make any difference as it's just displaying a web page.

I think, unless you go out your way to find a 64 bit version, that your Internet browser by default runs at 32 bit anyway, although I'm 100% sure about this in Internet Explorer.

My advice would be, if you think this is related to using a 64 bit machine, to try again in the standard version of Firefox which can be downloaded using the link below. (this is 32 bit)

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

If you carry on encountering the same issue, unless you get an error message specifically saying it's related to 64 bit, that it may be something else.

Also, please can you confirm exactly how far you get through the login process. For example, does it accept your username and password or does it reject them saying that they are invalid?

EDIT: Oops, didn't realise you'd already fixed the issue.
Will bear that in mind, thanks.
Sun 09/01/11 at 10:24
Regular
"shoobedooo"
Found the answer. I normally use firefox but there were 2 versions of IE loaded onto my machine when it arrived. One says Internet Explorer (64bit) and the other doesn't.. that other one logged in fine.

Hope this might help anyone else who has the same problem!
Sat 08/01/11 at 19:46
Regular
"shoobedooo"
I can't log in to phpmy admin on freeola on the new laptop.
From what I've found on other forums there seems to be a problem with logging in on 64 bit machines.
I'm not clever enough to know after that what they're talking about. Is there an easy way round this rather than fire up the old and dying laptop?
Cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.