GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email probs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/11 at 00:36
Regular
Hi, (happy new year to everyone)

Im stuck again ! - and any help given will be very much appreciated.

When I first uploaded my website - I had problems with my contacts page - as in getting the submit button to actually go to email then be forwarded to Gmail. But with your help I managed to get this sorted out - but was a total headache. (till I asked for help on here..)

Anyway tonight I tried to sign into Gmail and although I can log in - I cant get to my mail on it and I spent 3 hrs trying to work out what was wrong !! with no luck, so had to give up.

Then I realised that my mail on freeola isnt set to forward to Gmail anymore... !! it seems to have been deleted - it was def 100% all set up and working.. It seems my mail account on Gmail has dissapeared along with the forward link..

SO... I just cant even bare to think of going through all that again !! I cant just forward my email from freeola to my AOL mail (would be ideal.. as it isnt POP or whatever it needs to be !! - is this correct..) so what would be the easiest option PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

If I just give in !! and pay an extra £2 a month for freeola mail to work - will that mean that any emails that get sent via the website to me will be readle and fully workable on this site ?? is ut as easy as that ?? I know that I could sign up with outlook etc to have the mails forwarded to but I did try that before with no luck...

Not helping that I am trying desperately to quit smoking and when things go wrong I loose patience and just want to grab a cigarette !! ;-(

please help - any advice with a quick and easy solution would be really appreciated !!

Many thanks Lesley. x
Thu 06/01/11 at 18:39
"Are you sure?"
Glad you're 'sort of' sorted!

NB. You did imagine the email saying your post has been replied to as there's no such option - you just need to revisit the Freeola forums to check :¬)

Your Gmail account sounds strange - It doesn't sound if you are correctly logged in to your Gmail account...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 06/01/11 at 17:42
Regular
Hi Hmmm and thankyou once sagain for your reply.

I have only just seen your reply by the way or I would have thanked you sooner. Its weird because last time I got mails on my AOL telling me I had a reply on here.. well I thought I did.. but nothing this time...

Anyway - as I hadnt seen a reply last night - I had a loon on here at the help tabs re setting up email accounts that you can use with freeola. I was looking through the outlook one (thinking OMG as I never had any luck with that one last time !!) when I noticed instructions on setting up Iphones/Ipads !! So having an iphone I set that up.... it all worked a treat !! I am so impressed..

All mails recieved from my contacts page are coming straight through to my iphone now..

I appreciate your advice re freeola having a clean up and this may be what deleted the forwarding I had set up last time (grrr lol) I will make a note of that - to go with all my other notes !! ;-) I would try and set this up again but I think I already mentioned that Gmail has totally gone weird with my mail and seems to have deleted that as well !! I can log into it but then it offers me to sign up for mail - duh !! done that ages ago and all was working well !! no matter what I do it will not go into my mail !! as if it just does not exist anymore !!

All it does is offer me to sign up for mail !! so I try again and it tells me NO !! that names already in use !! (well !! course it is - its my name !! that wont work !!) anyway I give up !!

I think I will stick with iphone for now...
Really do appreciate your help again Hmmmm
Hope you had a great xmas ;-)
Lesley xx
Wed 05/01/11 at 09:57
"Are you sure?"
Welcome back! :¬)

(Also looking at your previous email post)
If everything was working with forwarding in place to Gmail I would be tempted just set things up again. Just login to MyFreeola and add forwarding to your Freeola email - all done with a couple of clicks.

Forwarding can be removed if Freeola have run some housekeeping - they send an email first advising you and asking you to confirm you want forwarding to remain. But this email can end up in your junk mail - it's caused me problems in the past.
I believe Freeola said they were improving the housekeeping by making use of MyFreeola options - so hopefully this isn't what stopped your forwarding. Freeola may be able to say what happened when they look at your account.

NB. You can pick mail up (receive) email without being connected to Freeola - you just need a Freeola connection or Email Freedom to 'send' email. So you can always setup your email application (client) to receive from you Freeola account - You can't do this AND use forwarding so you have to choose one or the other.

Let us know how you get on.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/01/11 at 00:36
Regular
Hi, (happy new year to everyone)

Im stuck again ! - and any help given will be very much appreciated.

When I first uploaded my website - I had problems with my contacts page - as in getting the submit button to actually go to email then be forwarded to Gmail. But with your help I managed to get this sorted out - but was a total headache. (till I asked for help on here..)

Anyway tonight I tried to sign into Gmail and although I can log in - I cant get to my mail on it and I spent 3 hrs trying to work out what was wrong !! with no luck, so had to give up.

Then I realised that my mail on freeola isnt set to forward to Gmail anymore... !! it seems to have been deleted - it was def 100% all set up and working.. It seems my mail account on Gmail has dissapeared along with the forward link..

SO... I just cant even bare to think of going through all that again !! I cant just forward my email from freeola to my AOL mail (would be ideal.. as it isnt POP or whatever it needs to be !! - is this correct..) so what would be the easiest option PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

If I just give in !! and pay an extra £2 a month for freeola mail to work - will that mean that any emails that get sent via the website to me will be readle and fully workable on this site ?? is ut as easy as that ?? I know that I could sign up with outlook etc to have the mails forwarded to but I did try that before with no luck...

Not helping that I am trying desperately to quit smoking and when things go wrong I loose patience and just want to grab a cigarette !! ;-(

please help - any advice with a quick and easy solution would be really appreciated !!

Many thanks Lesley. x

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.