GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 exclusive titles"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/12/01 at 19:01
Regular
I was playing SSX Tricky at an Xbox presentation today, I can now only think of 5 top drawer games exclusive to PS2 (GT, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear etc). I know money rules the games industry but we seem to be helping other consoles by playtesting games for other markets.
Why should I give my Sony all my money when I can "sometimes" get better versions of the game elsewhere.
Don't get me wrong, I love my PS2 but am also thinking about getting an Xbox next March.
Fri 07/12/01 at 18:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Ok, ill put a point to you, does it really matter all that much if a console has not many exclusives? (sorry if someone already mentioned this, i dove straight in with a post as these topics are getting annoying)

But does it, whats the point? Is it not a fact that if there are more games on all consoles and they are all good that it makes them even more fun to play and it makes the 'my console is better than yours' war extinct. If the games are all good and play good ect, i could not careless if it appears on Xbox or GC. For all i care they can make Pro Evo for GC as long as i get my copy on PS2.
Fri 07/12/01 at 08:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I am getting an X-Box, i've pre-ordered one. Titles dont really stay exclusive. Some do like the ones developed by first party companies e.g. Rareware, they only produce Nintendo games now. Other compaines release there games on a numner of platforms. PS2 gets MGS2 and X-Box gets MGSX. Resident Evil Code: Veronica an DC exclusive. But its now on PS2. I personally am looking forward to the X-Box as there are 3 launch titles I want aswell as quite a few games coming out , like Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
Thu 06/12/01 at 23:06
Regular
THe main reason is that a lot of games dont actually make a profit. Companies want to release games across alot of platforms to maximise profits. The only time we ever get exclusives is when MR.SONY or whoever pays the publisher to keep it an exclusive. Rather like the nintendo Resi thing.
Thu 06/12/01 at 22:57
Regular
"You Bum!!"
This is the point Ive been trying to make for ages now....and I am sure many of you will agree with me..The PS2 has many top quality games out right now and even more are still in the pipeline..but what bothers me is when people start saying "Ah, but that game is out for X-Box too. Damn it, us PS2 owners dont get any exclusive titles...". But so blomin what??? So what if they have many games that are out on the PS2..I mean as long as I can play these quality games, I am really not bothered about whether the other consoles get it as well.

I mean its nice to have some PS2-only games that point in Nintendo's/Microsoft's face and say "Ahhh, you havnt got US have you. WE are exclusive to the Sony machine" but I really dont care that Tricky is going to appear on another next-gen console as long as I get to have fun with it on my dear PS2. There could be times that I would be a bit pi**** off when developers stop making a game for the PS2 and jump ship to another console developer (eg. Munchs Odyssey).Fair enough Mr Gill Bates could probably buy out Sony and all the companies involved with it but still, after saying howmuch he loved developing for the PS2 Lanning (the man behind Munch and the PSone Abe games) simply changed his mind and turned his back on Sony.

I also get excited when quality games from other platforms come to the PS2 because in most cases they are quality titles and are really fun to play (except 18 Wheeler that is :)). SO my point is I am grateful when the top companies decide to bring out top games from other consoles on the PS2 and I certainly DO NOT go crying when a title suddenly become not exclusive for my favourite console
Thu 06/12/01 at 22:39
"High polygon count"
Some games - all 3rd-party - will be multi-platform. As to which versions will be best, we'll only know when the games are out.

The Matrix game will be best on Xbox, but only because MS have paid the developer to exclude many options from the PS2 and Gamecube versions.

There are - and will continue to be - many quality games that you'll only get with PS2, though. GT3, GTA3 (for a year at least), Final Fantasy (likely with Sony's recent purchase of a large chunk of Square), currently Devil may Cry, Jak & Daxter, and of course Sony's own great games - Extermination, The Getaway, Dropship - and others I can't recall offhand.

There'll definitely be reason to buy more than one of the consoles, if you can afford to. A Gamecube is on my list... Xbox isn't yet. They'll all have exclusives, but if you can only afford one, then it has to be the console that offers you the most games you want to play. For me that's PS2, and I don't see that situation changing any time soon - but that doesn't mean I can't have a Gamecube too.
Thu 06/12/01 at 22:16
Regular
Final fantasy will be going multiplatform very soon too...at least to x-box anyway.

Well it was gonna happen, but will it still happen after Sony bought a stake in square. Anyone know anyting else about this?
Thu 06/12/01 at 19:14
i think it is preety poor wen u can go but the same game sumwere else and its better butttttttt hell its still alrite coz if u dont have like the xbox or GC than you can still play the game on ur ps2. i think that if every1 owned all the consoles than mayb ppl should make it so that consoles do have their own games soooooo hell ppl would have a lot more variety. but cum on wat is the chance that every1 will ever get all the consoles.
Thu 06/12/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I was playing SSX Tricky at an Xbox presentation today, I can now only think of 5 top drawer games exclusive to PS2 (GT, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear etc). I know money rules the games industry but we seem to be helping other consoles by playtesting games for other markets.
Why should I give my Sony all my money when I can "sometimes" get better versions of the game elsewhere.
Don't get me wrong, I love my PS2 but am also thinking about getting an Xbox next March.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.