GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where can I get a boot disk from?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/12/01 at 03:08
Regular
Where can I get a boot disk for my Dreamcast from because I really want to play Shenmue 2 but I don't want to have to go through all of the trouble of a mod chip. So, someone please help me.
Thu 06/12/01 at 07:15
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Ok, I'm not really supposed to say this, but here goes nothing. You can download a boot disc from various internet sites as a DiscJuggler image file.

Programmes Needed
-----------------------

Discjuggler
Boot Disc file

Method
------------

1. Download DiscJuggler from an internet site (the trial version, which burns at X2 speed) and install it.

2. Download the Boot Disc image and open up DiscJuggler. Go to "Open" and open the Boot Disc image into DiscJuggler. Insert a blank CD into your CD-Rewriter drive.

3. The rest is rather straight foward. I don't have DiscJuggler installed, so I can't remember, but just follow the menus and you can't go wrong.

4. When the Boot Disc has burnt to the blank CD, eject it and put it into your Dreamcast. It may take 30-40 seconds to load, depending on who programmed it, but a logo should appear, reading "Utopia" or something similar, depending on which Boot Disc it is. Either way, there should be something displayed after the "Sega" logo disappears. Then, take out the Boot Disc (without turning off the Dreamcast) and insert your copied game. After 10-20 seconds, it should load and you will be able to play the game at your leisure.

I am only helping you as this is legal. However, this is only legal if the copy is destroyed after 24 hours of receiving it. It's up to you what you do with it, but I would suggest that you eventually go out and buy it.

Firebalt.
Thu 06/12/01 at 03:08
Where can I get a boot disk for my Dreamcast from because I really want to play Shenmue 2 but I don't want to have to go through all of the trouble of a mod chip. So, someone please help me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.