GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football. Entertainment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/12/01 at 22:37
Regular
With the great english game now filling up with fancy foreigners, one asks himself "Is it really about the game? or is it now just entertainment".

I have heard this for a long time and I realised that football of now-a-days is far more publicised with the likes of ITV & SKY looking to cash in with their new pay-per-view service. The reason is due to two things, money and the entertainment value.

Manchester United is a club that thrived off this, with the likes of Cantona and Giggs amazing the crowd with their fancy footwork and their neat little tricks. But now clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea have got an almost fully foreign teams.

In the future, I think that football will be all about the entertainment whilst. This in-turn will cause little kids to try and show off what they learned off the telly and the cycle will continue.

One more thing, Brooklyn Beckham.Is he going to be a popstar or a footballer, or maybe both, I shudder to think.

So the question, is football still going to hold traditional sport nature, or will it fall under the heading of entertainment? & is there to many foreigners?
Wed 05/12/01 at 22:37
Regular
"es argh"
With the great english game now filling up with fancy foreigners, one asks himself "Is it really about the game? or is it now just entertainment".

I have heard this for a long time and I realised that football of now-a-days is far more publicised with the likes of ITV & SKY looking to cash in with their new pay-per-view service. The reason is due to two things, money and the entertainment value.

Manchester United is a club that thrived off this, with the likes of Cantona and Giggs amazing the crowd with their fancy footwork and their neat little tricks. But now clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea have got an almost fully foreign teams.

In the future, I think that football will be all about the entertainment whilst. This in-turn will cause little kids to try and show off what they learned off the telly and the cycle will continue.

One more thing, Brooklyn Beckham.Is he going to be a popstar or a footballer, or maybe both, I shudder to think.

So the question, is football still going to hold traditional sport nature, or will it fall under the heading of entertainment? & is there to many foreigners?
Wed 05/12/01 at 22:45
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
There wouldnt be any need for foreigners if our country would invest in the future players where it matters. In schools and colleges. They arent really tought how to play properly. Its a bit like cricket. Its not tought properly in many schools, so we are bad at it and we even invented it!

Brooklyn Beckham will be a singing footballer that wont do well at either!
Thu 06/12/01 at 14:35
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Brooklyn's gonna be one of those celebs who never actually does anything, has little or no talent, and yet gets loads of money, and will be in the newspapers every other day....so no different to most of the current celebrities then!

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that Sky and ITV try to convince us that boring games are, in fact, good? I watched the Leeds vs. Fulham game on Pay-per-View down the pub. It was okay, but nothing amazing, not end to end at all. Just a midfield battle. And all game Martin Tyler was saying "I know there haven't been any goals, but its been a pretty good game all the same". And everyone was thinking, "NO"! But because people have paid for it, they can't say, "well it hasn't been one of the better games this season" or else no-one will buy it again. So they try and convince us that we are getting value for money. Fools.
Thu 06/12/01 at 17:32
Regular
"es argh"
Yeah they would never say "This is anawful game, I feel sorry for the people that bought this game".
Sat 25/12/10 at 17:00
Regular
"The American"
I'll be thinking of Ilfracombe and the George and Dragon today.

May you all have a fine day.

Hoist a pint of Spitfire for me today, Merry Christmas!
Mon 27/12/10 at 10:59
Regular
Thank you for your thoughts on such a day. Cheers to you and all the best for the new year!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.