GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Console Wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/03 at 18:56
Regular
I am a proud PS2 and GameCube owner and one thing I am sick of is Xbox nerds spouting out their crap about Xbox being the best console and all the good names they list for it are on PS2 and GameCube anyway. (Except for Halo, which I think is repetitive and doesn’t hold a candle to GoldenEye.)

Then there is my stupid Xbox-owning friend, for instance. When I bought a PS2 (already owning a GameCube) he was all like “yeah, you realized GameCube sucks” even though he’s never even played on one. My point here is that most of, if not all, Xbox fans are ignorant. Want Proof? One of my mates at College said to me “Xbox has a few good multiplayer games, GC isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.” If he were really smart he would have known about multiplayer GC classics like Super Monkey Ball 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Party 4 and Bomberman Generation. Which wiz all over the Xbox, whose only outstanding exclusive title is Halo.

But enough about Xbox. What I really wanted to talk about was Metal Gear Solid 2. I just wanted to give my opinions on what I feel is a fantastic game. I’ve never played the MGS series before this one and so when I bought it a few weeks ago I wasn’t going in expecting a huge follow-up to the game before it, I was expecting a great game and that’s what I got. Call me crazy, but I enjoy the cut scenes, I don’t know about other people, but I’m not a finicky Star Wars geek who expects the most out of every plot in a game or movie. I just know I love the story and couldn’t care less if I played as Snake or a character who is hated by less pretty boy looking gamers. There really is no difference who you play as – the annoying Codec can be skipped pretty quickly if you’re a less patient gamer, but the point is when you look at the game from my point of view what you see is a fantastic gaming experience which fully immerses you with the cut-scenes. And the Codec really makes you feel like you are the character.

I’ve got some questions to ask you lot: Should I still get Substance even though I recently bought MGS2? Is it true there will be a GTA: San Andreas coming out? I also read it will be online, I think. Finally, do you think there will ever be a Fatal Fury fighting game released? I loved the games on the SNES and the movies too.

Thanks for your time.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Hi Robin.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:37
Before i even came in, i looked at the title, and thought this must be a just arrived...
HI...
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I own a GC and PS2. Shall get an xbox in the future...
GC is the best.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I own all three consoles, so console war topics don't really mean much to me.

But why do you say that all X-Box owners are nerdy and spout out 'crap' about how good the X-Box is? As I know, each console is better is some aspects than others.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
I'm sorry if you didn't like my post, i wont post anything like this again. :(
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I will keep my composure...getting harder....trying to keep calm....nope not working! Oh for gods sake! Why oh why do a post that has obviously been done a million times before!?!?! Even for a chat it shpuld be obvious! This is a gaming forum and this topic is even suggested! Do you think we are a bunch of retards who wouldn't put two and two together?!?! Please either post an extremely good topic to make up for this utter b******s or don't post at all!...Hmmm never been that mad at a JAT before...ohwell :P :D
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The seconds I just wasted not reading that....
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
wot iz a PS2?
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:01
"period drama"
Blah blah bah.
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
I am a proud PS2 and GameCube owner and one thing I am sick of is Xbox nerds spouting out their crap about Xbox being the best console and all the good names they list for it are on PS2 and GameCube anyway. (Except for Halo, which I think is repetitive and doesn’t hold a candle to GoldenEye.)

Then there is my stupid Xbox-owning friend, for instance. When I bought a PS2 (already owning a GameCube) he was all like “yeah, you realized GameCube sucks” even though he’s never even played on one. My point here is that most of, if not all, Xbox fans are ignorant. Want Proof? One of my mates at College said to me “Xbox has a few good multiplayer games, GC isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.” If he were really smart he would have known about multiplayer GC classics like Super Monkey Ball 2, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Party 4 and Bomberman Generation. Which wiz all over the Xbox, whose only outstanding exclusive title is Halo.

But enough about Xbox. What I really wanted to talk about was Metal Gear Solid 2. I just wanted to give my opinions on what I feel is a fantastic game. I’ve never played the MGS series before this one and so when I bought it a few weeks ago I wasn’t going in expecting a huge follow-up to the game before it, I was expecting a great game and that’s what I got. Call me crazy, but I enjoy the cut scenes, I don’t know about other people, but I’m not a finicky Star Wars geek who expects the most out of every plot in a game or movie. I just know I love the story and couldn’t care less if I played as Snake or a character who is hated by less pretty boy looking gamers. There really is no difference who you play as – the annoying Codec can be skipped pretty quickly if you’re a less patient gamer, but the point is when you look at the game from my point of view what you see is a fantastic gaming experience which fully immerses you with the cut-scenes. And the Codec really makes you feel like you are the character.

I’ve got some questions to ask you lot: Should I still get Substance even though I recently bought MGS2? Is it true there will be a GTA: San Andreas coming out? I also read it will be online, I think. Finally, do you think there will ever be a Fatal Fury fighting game released? I loved the games on the SNES and the movies too.

Thanks for your time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.