GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Completed Starfox last night. a few disapointments I have to say..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:13
Regular
It was an awesome cut scene at the end, and i thought it was well good how general scales was being controlled by andross but it just felt so short and aimed at kids. there was hardly any challenge in the gameplay like there was in good old lylatwars back on the 64. the final battle with andross was so much easier than that of androsses brain on venom in lylatwars. I litterally did it second time but it must have taken me half a year to complete andross back on the 64. the whole game also felt so much shorter and unchallenging. Slippy was there to give hints to all the puzzles so there was harldy any stoppages when it came to complicated puzzles. i tired to use slippy as little as possible but that still didnt slow me down. i completed the whole game in a month.

It also makes me a little emotional to think that we wont get the same sort of sequel due to rares absence. Even though i think nintendo are going to carry on with the franchise and are working on star fox armada at the moment but it wont have the same esscence. Then again there were quite alot of annoying things about this game. heres a list of what i thought was irritating:
1. those british accents given to the dinosaurs
2. there was no point in cheat tokens
3. why wasnt falco in it from the start
4. the channel 5 late night friday movie music that was played whenever fox saw crystal
5. the lenght of the game
6. the lack of space flight levels
7. the main characters should have had more actual involvement in the game
8. the way fox kept saying that the only way he was saving dinosaur planet was for money!

other than that it was a pretty good game just a bit too easy
Mon 07/04/03 at 21:44
Regular
the 2nd bit u had to do in the game, ya know with crystal, that was realy good, i was thinking, yeh this is just like Zelda. But from there on wards it seemend to go down hill. Its like they shortened it.

I was expecting loads of locations like thorntail hollow, for example with a shop, mainly because of how the shop keaper kept saying she was moving and secondely because i bourght nearly all the items in the shop in 10 mins.

I was so enoyed about the end boss, i cannot believe their has been the same boss at the end of all 3 starfox games, it is absolutely terrible! and what a cheat! i was just about to fight general scales and guess what, u don't actually fight him, what a waste of an enemy, so yes if u aint played the game and aint gonna, u don't acutually fight the big bad guy in the game, who has created a menace through the game, no it turns out someone was controlling him, what a rip-off.
Mon 07/04/03 at 14:45
Regular
Well I'm glad you completed it. your right it is kinda of easy although I'm presently stuck on the Ice race. os I haven't saved tricky yet. and it seems that I really can't go any farther until I save the prince so I have to finish the race first. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth -- latinlover
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:45
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Does any one think that the Hint's machine (Or if you look up Slippy on the pause menu) also helped the game to be to easy?
Fri 04/04/03 at 07:59
Regular
"past,present&future"
er-no wrote:
> I completed Lylatwars64 first time through without any deaths.
>
> Damn that game was easy.

I completed it 3rd go. Far too easy.

I'm staying well away from Starfox GC.
Thu 03/04/03 at 21:45
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Twas amazing aswell. It beats Starfox anyday.
Thu 03/04/03 at 21:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
I completed Lylatwars64 first time through without any deaths.

Damn that game was easy.
Thu 03/04/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
yeah why are these games so average compared to there N64 anncestors? when mario 64 came out i thought ti wa sthe best thing since sliced bread! my mum even had to stop me from putting it in the toatser a couple of times!
Sat 29/03/03 at 14:24
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Im glad some people have bad-mouthed this game as i totally agrree with evrything everyone has said here. Its good but not great, as is Mario Sunshine, allthough the fan-boys wouldn like to admit. This month i bought Resident Evil Zero, then Metroid Prime. I initialy thought that Prime was an overhyped waste, just like Star Fox, but after completing ZERO and really settling down and getting into Prime showed me that i was wrong and Prime is actually EXCELENT, even with the hype. ZERO'S good aswell but not as good.
Fri 28/03/03 at 22:25
Regular
It starts off really impressive, but the more you play it, the more you lose the will to live!

Although the graphics are initially stunning and do occasionally impress with some neat locations, all the characters are pretty much lifeless - just standing there all day and all night doing nothing.

It doesn't seem like a living breathing world at all.

Also, the game doesn't know whether it's trying to be cool with Fox or mythical with those stupid attempts at riddles from the dinosaurs.
It ends up looking stupid.

Basically, a graphically beautiful game, with no heart, soul in it's story, setting or characters.

Oh, and the fight system is plain awful.
Pure tedium in button bashing.

The one good thing about it is that it proves that the Gamecube can out-do the Xbox on the technical side, even if it doesn't provide the Game design with it.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:41
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
ahh wouldnt that be a bagger

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.