GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Teddy Robots to rescue wounded troops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/07 at 19:11
Regular
The US military is developing a robot with a teddy bear-style head to help carry injured soldiers away from the battlefield.

The Battlefield Extraction Assist Robot (BEAR) can scoop up even the heaviest of casualties and transport them over long distances over rough terrain.

New Scientist magazine reports that the "friendly appearance" of the robot is designed to put the wounded at ease.

...continued

----

Sounds good but as usual I have a better solution. Keep the bear faces, give the robots some guns and tell the troops to go home. Then let the robots do all the fighting. I mean come on, who the hell is going to take on a 6ft fully armed robot bear =/

I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about making all these humanoid robots. I heard a new company called Skynet is going to start making some too. =S
Sun 10/06/07 at 22:28
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'm sure the Mk2 will have pleasure features when it isn't used to safe people.

Moving on, why don't they just build power armour that gives them awesome strength and power?
Sat 09/06/07 at 22:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
...and so a robot gets shot at instead! Brilliant!

It's quite an innovation, but I think if it had a built-in stretcher or was less unwieldy (and therefore a target), it'd work rather well. If any recent American military innovations are worth mentioning, though, it's the heat gun.

I'm not sure how it works, but it concentrates thermal energy onto you from what looks like a satellite dish, so you feel like you're being burned alive. Apparently it's designed to stop protestors etc dead in their tracks... although this being the States, it's probably good for warming up Pizza.
Fri 08/06/07 at 22:41
Regular

This 'innovation' is so full of holes I don't know where to start ...

So I won't ...
Fri 08/06/07 at 17:21
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Sounds good but as usual I have a better solution. Keep the bear
> faces, give the robots some guns and tell the troops to go home.
> Then let the robots do all the fighting. I mean come on, who the
> hell is going to take on a 6ft fully armed robot bear =/

Here here! *cheers*
Fri 08/06/07 at 12:55
Regular
It reminds me of a nanny bot in an episode of Futurama. Its in a tech show and has loads of spikes and sharpe teeth. "Do not fret small human, I have replaced your mother" Said in a evil gravelly way as a bottle extends from behind all the sharpe teeth.
you wait one of these things will be "terminator 4 - Fatal fur"
Fri 08/06/07 at 10:35
Regular
It looks so cute ^-^

I really want one.
Fri 08/06/07 at 10:12
Regular
That is the most steriotypically American idea. I like the idea of someone having their leg blown off but the sight of a large singed teddy bear is suppose to keep them calm...... morphene now that will keep them calm. And I agree, if you can get a robot to cover rough terrain, give it a gun and send the armt back. Ask yourself how this bear is going to look once its been shot at a few times or caught in an explosion. Pretty bloody scary i recon.
Thu 07/06/07 at 19:38
Regular
"..."
*Checks calendar*...It's not April.
Thu 07/06/07 at 19:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
They're going to take over the world!!!
Thu 07/06/07 at 19:11
Regular
The US military is developing a robot with a teddy bear-style head to help carry injured soldiers away from the battlefield.

The Battlefield Extraction Assist Robot (BEAR) can scoop up even the heaviest of casualties and transport them over long distances over rough terrain.

New Scientist magazine reports that the "friendly appearance" of the robot is designed to put the wounded at ease.

...continued

----

Sounds good but as usual I have a better solution. Keep the bear faces, give the robots some guns and tell the troops to go home. Then let the robots do all the fighting. I mean come on, who the hell is going to take on a 6ft fully armed robot bear =/

I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about making all these humanoid robots. I heard a new company called Skynet is going to start making some too. =S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.