GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows protection error fault! Help greatly needed please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 20:47
Regular
Hi,

I have just installed a new PSU on my PC.

When i try to boot up, it comes up with a Windows Protection Error.

I checked all power wires again and the fault went, I got into windows, but then whilst I was using it, the fault reoccured

Does anyone know why this may be? There is a powerwire that goes to the motherboard via two cables, does the hard drive need to be connected to this one?

Any help on this matter would be gratefully received,

Thanks in advance,

Darron.
Mon 10/12/01 at 01:55
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
to be hounest it could be anything go to the bios and make sure the everything looks ok there then remove all card except your graphix card and boot up to see if it still does it then one by one put the cards back like sound card ect also this can be caused by some network cards and if you have one a satellite card as this was the prob on mine
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mac? Bah... install RedHat.
Wed 05/12/01 at 17:33
Regular
""
Go and wash your mouth out Tyla!!! Jeez, some people...
Wed 05/12/01 at 17:20
Regular
Tyla wrote:
> Bin it and buy a Mac instead!!:-)

ha ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha....

Sorry just couldn't help myself. Buy a mac, boy Tyla you are funny. Anyway back to the question at hand. Windows has probably got a driver conflict with the motherboard. It could be that your new PSU is sending a slightly different power signal which would cause your mb to respond wrong. This is only a guess and there are two possible solutions. First you could try re-installing windows and second try another new PSU.
Wed 05/12/01 at 08:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Bin it and buy a Mac instead!!:-)
Tue 04/12/01 at 21:08
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'm not entirely sure, but I think Windows doesn't understand the information sent to it by the BIOS.

The BIOS is basicly your system setup.

Press DEL before Windows '98 loads to view it.
Press F8 before Windows '95 loads to view it.

Check inside the BIOS that the description matches the details given to you when you got the PSU.
Tue 04/12/01 at 20:47
Regular
Hi,

I have just installed a new PSU on my PC.

When i try to boot up, it comes up with a Windows Protection Error.

I checked all power wires again and the fault went, I got into windows, but then whilst I was using it, the fault reoccured

Does anyone know why this may be? There is a powerwire that goes to the motherboard via two cables, does the hard drive need to be connected to this one?

Any help on this matter would be gratefully received,

Thanks in advance,

Darron.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.