GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This seems like the right place...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/03/03 at 14:25
Regular
Is it possible to have a sane Latin teacher? Thought not.
Mon 31/03/03 at 13:14
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Yeah, Jewish is me.
Sun 30/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Brrrrr."
allardini wrote:
> I had to learn it in years 7 and 8, and I'm taking it for GCSE as it's
> a complete doddle. I'm generally good at languages, being brought up
> English, French and a tad Hebrew, and Latin forms the structure of
> loads of languages. My teachers:

Hebrew? Are you Jewish? I would love to learn Hebrew and Arabic...
Sun 30/03/03 at 13:23
maddmun wrote:
Heh, I live in Scotland, Scotland is in Britain, therefore, we're
> Brits also. I think we're more intelligent from that one comment.
> Oh, and Scottish Exam results are usually higher than English ones...

Ignoramus...
Sun 30/03/03 at 13:09
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I had to learn it in years 7 and 8, and I'm taking it for GCSE as it's a complete doddle. I'm generally good at languages, being brought up English, French and a tad Hebrew, and Latin forms the structure of loads of languages. My teachers:

Year 7: Opera Singer who refuses to teach Music. Teaches GCSE work to year 7's

Year 8: Tells stories about adventures in Africa. Pretends to have eyes at back of head. Currently in hospital writing philosophy book.

Year 9 (present): Dull as seven planks. Speaks in one tone of voice continously.

And then there's the head of Classics who hasn't taught me, but has a twitching eyebrow. Meant to be a cool guy. But that's the insane bit: Latin? Cool?
Sat 29/03/03 at 18:06
Regular
Robin wrote:

> So that would make us brits more intellegent...

Heh, I live in Scotland, Scotland is in Britain, therefore, we're Brits also. I think we're more intelligent from that one comment.
Oh, and Scottish Exam results are usually higher than English ones...
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:16
Ye, we could do french, but not something else, so i am doing history instead of french, because in french i got a D-E, and in history i got A and B...
But ye we have to do SE wich is kinda like RE but with extra things... It is rubbish...
In my report she put that i was too negative towards the subject, pprrft, not my fault i dont believe in people praying into the sky at nothing, its just the way i feel...
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"That's right!"
At my school, you did French and German until you offically started your GCSEs in year 10. Then you picked one, or both (if both you had to drop one of the other options, like I did History AND Geography so I could only pick Drama and not Drama and Art)

I failed GCSE German, got a D, but then I took three months off for the sake of it.

Things are probably different where you guys are... I mean, in some schools you do RS/RE/RSD as a GCSE! Crazy!
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:10
We dont have to drop it, we just pick our subjects, and loads of dropped french, because we all hate it and we dont need it...
So we dropped something that we dont need, leaving room for extra english, math, and science...
So that would make us brits more intellegent...
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:00
Regular
YOu and your crazy English class system...

Is that 3rd year in Scotland then?
We need to do it until the end of fourth year (11th year at school), but, that would explain why we Scots are more intelligent

=D
Sat 29/03/03 at 16:38
I dont see why you have to learn french for 5 years, because most people just drop it in year 10...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.