GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardcore gaming, a down side?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
My brother has recently fallen in love with his new PS2. With it he got GT3, GTA3 and Pro Evolution Soccer.

He already has a stressful job where he just slouches over his P.C, plus he plays games till the the crack of dawn.

When ever he gets anything to do with playing he has to play it to the end immediately after he got it.

I didn't notice anything until I realised that he had been sacked and that his incapable of moving his back. Apparantly he had forgot to go to work and his back had been deformed. He is currently in therapy to help him to move again.

I thought that it was a bit unfortunate but I soon forgot all about it, whilst playing GTA3.

So the "Hardcore gamer" is probably a dangerous gamer.
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
"es argh"
My brother has recently fallen in love with his new PS2. With it he got GT3, GTA3 and Pro Evolution Soccer.

He already has a stressful job where he just slouches over his P.C, plus he plays games till the the crack of dawn.

When ever he gets anything to do with playing he has to play it to the end immediately after he got it.

I didn't notice anything until I realised that he had been sacked and that his incapable of moving his back. Apparantly he had forgot to go to work and his back had been deformed. He is currently in therapy to help him to move again.

I thought that it was a bit unfortunate but I soon forgot all about it, whilst playing GTA3.

So the "Hardcore gamer" is probably a dangerous gamer.
Wed 05/12/01 at 00:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The Health and Safety advice given to VDU users would be equally applicable to gamers I would have thought, especially PC gamers.

There's a good poster describing the necessary exercises that should be performed whilst using a computer at:

http://www.safety.ed.ac.uk/resources/ohu_VDU_poster.pdf

(You need Adobe Acrobat to view it).

Sorry to hear about your bro dude, I know how painful a bad back can be as I got one too from playing endless RPGs at my PC.

But these exercises and the advice given by gaming publishers about taking breaks for 10 minutes every hour when gaming really is good advice, no matter how irrelevant we may think it is to our particular individual cases.
Wed 05/12/01 at 17:34
Regular
"es argh"
Sometimes people get so caught up in a game they forget about everything except what they are doing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.