GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas- What does it mean"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 19:13
Regular
What does Christmas mean for everyone now?

For me, it used to mean opening presents and playing them all day long till the holidays ended and I had to go back to school.
Then, around 5 years ago it used to mean getting some presents then watching some comedies on television.
Now it means I get a few days off work and college, and I'll get some stuff that I probably won't have the time/patience/enough boredom to use or enjoy.

Wow! three advances in seventeen years, that beats most of curretn youth by, about three advances.

What does Christmas mean to you now compared to when you were younger?
Wed 05/12/01 at 20:07
Regular
I've never been religious, neither has my family, but we always used to go to church on Christmas day, then come home, open presents and have a big dinner.

Now however, it's about seeing friends and family I haven't seen for ages.

Christmas Eve evening is spent down the pub with friends that I haven't seen for months (this year there will be one or two people I haven't seen since last christmas!).

And Christmas day will be spent with my family. Again, some of which I haven't seen for a good few months.

So Christmas still means something to me, just nothing religious, that's all...
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
And it appears as though my theory has been proved by the original topic, and the replies to it.
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
As a Christian, Christmas is important to me as it's the day our saviour Jesus Christ was born. Me and my family always go to church before opening the presents under the tree. Although when I was younger I disapproved of this, but now I like the idea.

Of course, as I'm only 14 Christmas still means 'presents' to me a lot of the time. But I also enjoy getting together with family and friends.

However, Christmas has turned into a propaganda festival, a huge opportunity for stores to make big money, and an excuse to eat a big dinner, buy presents for each-other and most importantly it seems, receive Christmas.

Unfortunately, it appears as though many have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas, even if they don't believe in it.
Wed 05/12/01 at 11:51
Regular
"I love Dave music"
and having to see all those relatives you've managed to forget existed for the last year, who you now have to pretend you know really well, and have interesting conversations with.
Wed 05/12/01 at 01:16
... and oranges. There always seem to be a lot o' those.
Tue 04/12/01 at 20:52
Christmas to me means advertising.
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:13
What does Christmas mean for everyone now?

For me, it used to mean opening presents and playing them all day long till the holidays ended and I had to go back to school.
Then, around 5 years ago it used to mean getting some presents then watching some comedies on television.
Now it means I get a few days off work and college, and I'll get some stuff that I probably won't have the time/patience/enough boredom to use or enjoy.

Wow! three advances in seventeen years, that beats most of curretn youth by, about three advances.

What does Christmas mean to you now compared to when you were younger?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.