GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Undeliverable emails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/10 at 18:36
Regular
I recently moved a clients website and email to a new hosting company. The client has a mailing list that has not changed for sometime.

Having recently sent out a mass email they received 11 undeliverables. Investigating these suggests that they should have had emails bouncing for some time. However, no server returned emails were ever received whilst with Freeola.

Anyone else with experience of this?
Wed 08/12/10 at 16:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We understand that Match, and do what we can. But different companies will take a different approach to the situation. One ideal may be very different for another company etc.

We take all comments onboard though and always reconsider this sort of thing as often as needed. Future plans with email service may result in different methods being used, however it is unlikely to change at this time.

We are confident with our system at the moment (at least the way it handles this specifically).
Wed 08/12/10 at 16:32
Regular
Thanks Hmmm.. and Warhunt.

Reading through your thread suggests that it would be common irrespective of hosting comany though.

My experience is that emails sent to the same addresses whilst the client was hosted with FREEOLA return no undeliverables, but as soon as the client was up and running on the new host a dozen or so bounces occured so that would suggest FREEOLA are filtering these out some how.

I appreciate the pain in the back that spam is, but it leaves us with the situation whereby we don't know if emails are getting through to everyone on a mailing list unless we use the Royal Mail as well!

Anyway on a possitive note I have had great BB speeds since September issues.
Wed 08/12/10 at 09:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Pretty much holds true still.
Wed 08/12/10 at 08:51
"Are you sure?"
Match wrote:

Yes, this is something I've noticed before.
Here's my previous thread.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 07/12/10 at 18:36
Regular
I recently moved a clients website and email to a new hosting company. The client has a mailing list that has not changed for sometime.

Having recently sent out a mass email they received 11 undeliverables. Investigating these suggests that they should have had emails bouncing for some time. However, no server returned emails were ever received whilst with Freeola.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.