GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS PS2 OVERPRICED ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/08/00 at 18:41
Regular
i think ps2 is WAY over priced. 300 quid? come on sony havent you got enough money out of us from ps1? i'll probably still buy one anyway but i'll wait 4 the price 2 go down as i'm only 14 and have no job. any1 who shares my veiws i would be pleased to hear them.
Sat 02/09/00 at 20:59
S.B.F. can't even spell NO ONE. get some spelling lessons loser.
Fri 01/09/00 at 20:16
Yeah but the PS2 is rubbish, I've played Tekken Tag, and it's no better than a PS1 game. FACT the PS1 was £400 when it was released not £250, but sony had to cut the price. Also, You can get a DVD player for£150 www.jungle.com or www.comet.co.uk also the PS2 DVD player is of a mediocre quality, people will buy it and think 'wow!' just to ease their disbelief at how poor it is, there's barely a difference between it and a VHS video. And because it's £300 it won't reach the homes of parents who spend say £150 max on their kids this Xmas. Dreamcast will get bought, PS2 will get laughed at.
Fri 01/09/00 at 18:53
I don't think PS2 is over priced, how much are really decent DVD players, about 250 pound, a mate of mine got one for 400 pounds! So i don't think 300 quid is really that bad for a DVD player and games console is it? I would gladly pay the money for it. I would not wait a couple of months for the price to go down, because most of my mates are getting one, apart from a couple who are getting the Nintendo Cube type thing, and would end up playing it round one of thier houses which would ruin the experience of playing it when i did eventually get it. So people if you can get one straight away, please do so, and make your mates jealous.
So back to my original argument, £300 isn't bad at all, espicially if you consider that you can get a DVD player on its own for £300, not bad really is it?!?

Bob.
Sun 27/08/00 at 23:27
No oe else uses slang on this website apart from Mr x, what a loser!
Sun 27/08/00 at 21:28
cheers Snoochy boochies fatty!check your e-mail.
all right, all right so ps1 was 250 quid but sony r still charging £70 for a playstation1 which is stupid. they probably could've remodled it last year but thought of making more money by doin' it just be4 ps2. i won't be buyin' it as i'm saving 4 ps2.
cheers "bloke" 4 agreein' with me
Sun 27/08/00 at 15:28
PS2 is way overpriced, but after christmas i reckon it will go down
Sun 27/08/00 at 00:27
What everyone seems to be forgetting is that the PS1 was about £250 when it was first released here, back in 1995...
Sat 26/08/00 at 23:09
I heared Mr x is a complete c*nt who kisses boys, he should get some friends and a job,what a loser(hi owen)
Sat 26/08/00 at 18:41
i think ps2 is WAY over priced. 300 quid? come on sony havent you got enough money out of us from ps1? i'll probably still buy one anyway but i'll wait 4 the price 2 go down as i'm only 14 and have no job. any1 who shares my veiws i would be pleased to hear them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.