GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ESSAY"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/07 at 18:33
Regular
"Up The Owls"
In this essay I will be explaining how 3 separate poems from cluster 1 all cope with adversity in different ways. The 3 poems that I will be assessing are as followed; Search for my tongue, might of the scorpion and vultures.

In search for my tongue the woman has the problem hat she has moved to England and she has lost her mother tongue, this really upsets her as she is now talking English, but she wishes that her mother tongue would come back, you could say that she feels that she a betrayed her own language. She copes with this problem by talking through it and she says that in the night her mother tongue comes back this is a clear sign that she wants to talk her normal language and she is fed up of ours, you can really tell she is frustrated in the poem, for example: ‘’You ask me what I mean by saying I have lost my tongue. I ask you, what would you do if you had two tongues in your mouth, and lost the first one’’ she is asking you how you would feel if you had 2 tongues in your mouth, this is obviously how she feels. She feels like she has 2 tongues and they are speaking different languages. You can also tell that she has not grasped the English language as she is missing out punctuation and is not speaking clearly. In he middle of the poem her mother tongues comes back quote: ‘’munay hutoo kay aakhee jeebh aakhee bhasha) may thoonky nakhi chay ‘’
This is the woman’s mother tongue bursting out in the middle of the night , she cannot not help this, she says’’ it blossoms out of my mouth’’ this is another way of saying that it just bursts out of her mouth she cannot control it. the second poem that I will analyse is called night of the scorpion , in this poem it is a boy telling us the what happened the night his mother got stung by a scorpion, in this poem the dilemma is that the woman has just been stung by a scorpion and she in a lot of pain, but this poem shows different feelings from the other poem, as the woman is really unselfish, and brave, where as in the other poem the woman just complains and moans , in this poem the woman just gets on with her life and at the end she says ‘’ thank god the scorpion picked on me and spared my children’’ this shows a lot of bravery and love for her family. In the third and final poem I am going to analyse is called vultures now this poem is very different to the other 2 poems in hand as this poem is not about 1 person or about a person it is simply a poem about what someone or thing can see.
In one of the first lines of the poem it says ‘’broken bone of a dead tree’’ now this is a personification of a dead body , this gives the effect that this is obviously not a nice place. Another quote that involves dead body and corpses is this one ‘’ they picked the eye of a swollen corpse’’ Now you really start to link the quotes with the title ‘ vultures’ and I feel that all this poem is doing is giving out bad views on vultures and trying to put people against them , I feel that this is a very bias view on vultures.
Now we could actually link all of these poems together and say that all of them are from the view of one single person, but I really do feel that they are all very different.
I hope that now you know how these poems cope with adversity in different ways.
Tue 12/06/07 at 20:25
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Our school only let us do cluster 1 because it was easier to teach but i only had one choice of question in the exam but i thought it was ok.
Sat 09/06/07 at 14:34
Regular
"Mooching around"
Oh poems from different cultures, right? Yeah we had to do them, I owned Night of the Scorpion though :)

I got an A in literature and I didn't even read the book on it, just glimpse through it, get the tone and use fancy words and your sorted.
Wed 06/06/07 at 19:40
Regular
You're a joker, may have to rob that for my exam tommorow.
Wed 06/06/07 at 18:33
Regular
"Up The Owls"
In this essay I will be explaining how 3 separate poems from cluster 1 all cope with adversity in different ways. The 3 poems that I will be assessing are as followed; Search for my tongue, might of the scorpion and vultures.

In search for my tongue the woman has the problem hat she has moved to England and she has lost her mother tongue, this really upsets her as she is now talking English, but she wishes that her mother tongue would come back, you could say that she feels that she a betrayed her own language. She copes with this problem by talking through it and she says that in the night her mother tongue comes back this is a clear sign that she wants to talk her normal language and she is fed up of ours, you can really tell she is frustrated in the poem, for example: ‘’You ask me what I mean by saying I have lost my tongue. I ask you, what would you do if you had two tongues in your mouth, and lost the first one’’ she is asking you how you would feel if you had 2 tongues in your mouth, this is obviously how she feels. She feels like she has 2 tongues and they are speaking different languages. You can also tell that she has not grasped the English language as she is missing out punctuation and is not speaking clearly. In he middle of the poem her mother tongues comes back quote: ‘’munay hutoo kay aakhee jeebh aakhee bhasha) may thoonky nakhi chay ‘’
This is the woman’s mother tongue bursting out in the middle of the night , she cannot not help this, she says’’ it blossoms out of my mouth’’ this is another way of saying that it just bursts out of her mouth she cannot control it. the second poem that I will analyse is called night of the scorpion , in this poem it is a boy telling us the what happened the night his mother got stung by a scorpion, in this poem the dilemma is that the woman has just been stung by a scorpion and she in a lot of pain, but this poem shows different feelings from the other poem, as the woman is really unselfish, and brave, where as in the other poem the woman just complains and moans , in this poem the woman just gets on with her life and at the end she says ‘’ thank god the scorpion picked on me and spared my children’’ this shows a lot of bravery and love for her family. In the third and final poem I am going to analyse is called vultures now this poem is very different to the other 2 poems in hand as this poem is not about 1 person or about a person it is simply a poem about what someone or thing can see.
In one of the first lines of the poem it says ‘’broken bone of a dead tree’’ now this is a personification of a dead body , this gives the effect that this is obviously not a nice place. Another quote that involves dead body and corpses is this one ‘’ they picked the eye of a swollen corpse’’ Now you really start to link the quotes with the title ‘ vultures’ and I feel that all this poem is doing is giving out bad views on vultures and trying to put people against them , I feel that this is a very bias view on vultures.
Now we could actually link all of these poems together and say that all of them are from the view of one single person, but I really do feel that they are all very different.
I hope that now you know how these poems cope with adversity in different ways.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.