GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLS HELP ;-("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/12/10 at 15:23
Regular
VIP Web Hosting.

Pls help - I have uploaded my website - PROBLEM - My form wont submit to email. Apparently this is probably due to an incorrect script ?? is there anyone that would be able to view source and tell me where I am going wrong...? 'pls' I have spent 2 full days trying to sort this out.. with no luck !! I have set up windows live for the email to be sent to etc.

Website is amazing-sounds.co.uk

Pls - if anyone can help me to get the form to work (on contact me page) I would be extremely greatful !!

Pls pls pls try and help if you are able to.
Lesley. x
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:49
Regular
Oh Did You !! ha ha...

Well you dont know how glad I am to see you say - lots of duff advice !! seriously I was ready to just chuck the towell in... Thank God for 'you's' on here that really do know your stuff !! ;-) xx
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:31
"Are you sure?"
:¬)

Glad it's all working for you and you've now 'found' the Freeola forums if you need help again :¬)

I read some of the replies on the other forums you've posted on - lots of duff advice!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:29
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
That's not a problem, I'm glad it's now working. :)

Gmail generally acts as a web based email client it you are using their email catching service, so I wouldn't expect this to be a problem.
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:23
Regular
Hi ya

;-)

The mails seem to be coming through to GMAIL (I set both Gmail and windows live up - I will now get rid of the WL I think and just stick with GMAIL.

I am now recieving messages YAY ;-) This has been so so stressful !!

Thankyou SO MUCH for all your help - very much appreciated !!
Lesley x
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:20
Regular
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU !!

Seriously - you are a total star !! amazing - such a BIG thankyou to you (BIG HUGS)

You seem to have totally sorted this out for me - the form WORKS !! OMG I am so relieved !! and excited ;-)

I have spend the last I dont know how long trying to sort this out !! I have been on so many help sites asking pro's for advice - didnt think of asking on this !! duh.. wish I had found you yesterday !! ha ha

I have stayed up the last couple of nights so late - thinking if I could just try and fix it !! I would wake up the next day happy that I didnt have another day of this !! (thankyou for the happy feeling I will wake up with tomorow !! and the fact I dont have to try and get asleep with this going round and round in my head tonight !! its been sooooo frustrating !!

The form works !! ;-)

I am recieving the mails from the form through GMAIL which I set up. I did set up Windows live too but nothing yet seems to be coming through and I dont want to mess things up with this again !! so I will delete the windows live one now - as GMAIL seems good and they are coming through to that one ;-)

I dod try with outlook a couple of days ago - but didnt get very far - if you think that GMAIL is good enough I will stay with that?

Ideally I would have liked them to come through by forwarding - to my aol addy - but I have read and you also said - this isnt the best way.

Well - honestly thankyou so much for - well for sorting this out - but mostly - for not making me feel like a total idiot !!

A very happy Lesley !! ;-) ;-) ;-) xx
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:16
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
If you are picking up emails using Windows Live Mail email client then that's a good start.

Hopefully once the 'form' code is sorted you should start to receive your messages! :¬)

Sorry if it's getting a bit confusing as dean5 (Freeola staffie) is also on the case - they should use Twitter like me to find 'people in trouble'! ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Sat 04/12/10 at 17:01
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
It looks as though your contact form is now working, although I think your problem with accessing email messages is a separate issue.

It sounds like you may be accessing messages using the Manage Mailbox option within MyFreeola. This option is designed to allow you to delete problem email from the message queue so that they are not downloaded by your computer. As you've noticed, this feature does not allow you to read messages.

In order to access emails sent to your Freeola email address you will need to setup either an email client, email forwarding or webmail via Email Freedom. I will explain each option in further detail below.

An email client is a program on your computer that is specifically designed to send and receive email. Common email clients are Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook. You can usually access the email client on your computer by selecting Start then Email. Help guides for setting up Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook can be found by following the relevant link below.

Outlook Express
http://freeola.com/support/e-mail_outlookexpress.php

Microsoft Outlook
http://freeola.com/support/e-mail_microsoftoutlook.php

If you would prefer to use a different email client, please follow the link below which will take you to the full list of available setup guides.

http://freeola.com/support/email.php

The second option would be to setup email forwarding. This option will automatically forward on any messages sent to your Freeola email address to a second email specified by yourself. This can be beneficial if you would like all messages sent to you to be retrieved in one place, however please bear in mind that email forwarding can increase the chance of email messages being blocked as it would mean that any message sent to your Freeola Email Address will have to be fed though two separate filters.

In order to set up email forwarding you will need to login to your MyFreeola account and select View/Edit Email Addresses from the left hand navigation. You will then be show a list of your current email addresses. If you then click on your email address you will be taken to the email address control panel where you will be given the option to Set Up Forwarding. If you click this option and follow the on screen instructions, email forwarding will be set up for your email address.

The final option is to access your email messages via the webmail facility. This allows you to access your email messages from within your web browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox). In order to access this you will first need to sign up for Email Freedom which is charged at £2 per month plus VAT per domain name. If you would like to sign up for this service you will need to sign in to your MyFreeola account and select Email Freedom from the left hand navigation. You will then need to tick the box beside your domain name and follow the on screen instructions. Once you have signed up for this service, the service should become available within the next 30 minutes. You should then be able to access your webmail by following the link below and entering your email address and email password.

http://freeola.com/webmail
Sat 04/12/10 at 16:43
Regular
Hello !! ;-) Thanks so much for your reply.

I have emailed directly to [email protected] and it shows as being recieved - even though you cant open and read the mail from freeola (which seems really strange to me.. ) so it does actually recieve mail that way (though not all the time i dont think...

I have checked the unk/spam mail as suggested (didnt think of that before) and its empty ;-(

I am not sure what you mean by 'two form tags' but i will check and remove one..

I dont fully understand why your not able to read mails directly from freeola - and i also dont understand why i am unable to use my aol address to open them ? it seems i had to choose from what was offered - so i tried gmail and windows live - they both seem to have worked - but i cant have both can i ?? so what would you suggest to be the better one ? i will delete the [email protected] from one of them, this cant be the problem though as this was only recent,

thanks so so so much for your help so far - i will go check out the form tags now.
lesleyx
Sat 04/12/10 at 16:11
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Hi Lelley1,

It looks as though you may have two separate <form> opening tags. This is causing the browser to read the first tag which only has style information, then ignore the second tag which tells the form where to go.

I believe that the following change to the form should work.

Combine:
<form style="font-family:verdana, arial; font-size:12pt; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; color:#0000ff>
And:
<form method="post" action="http://www.amazing-sounds.co.uk/cgi-bin/form_to_mail.php">

Into one opening tag, creating:

<form method="post" action="http://www.amazing-sounds.co.uk/cgi-bin/form_to_mail.php" style="font-family:verdana, arial; font-size:12pt; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; color:#0000ff">

I have tested this change in Firebug, and it looks to have fixed the problem, so you may have a test email in your email inbox.
Sat 04/12/10 at 16:01
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!
Glad to see you made it via your Twitter help request

A few things to looks at:

Have you checked that you receive emails to the Freeola address when you email to it directly?

If that's ok, then check that the message submitted by your 'form' isn't going to your spam/junk mail - I find they often do.

You seem to have two 'form' tags on your contact page - I don't know if that's enough to stop it working but it doesn't look right.
Try removing the first one.

Let us know how you get on... :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.