GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Borrowing Samus' suit for the day"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 29/03/03 at 18:08
Regular
On Friday the 21st Metroid Prime, one of the most exciting games was released pleasing Nintendo fans all around Europe. Playing the game I couldn’t help but notice the strange 1st person screen. Inside a Samus’s helmet. Unlike anything I’ve seen before. So this then got me thinking and then I thought what would it be like to have Samus’s suit for the day? Just take the suit and use it in every day life. Well here’s what would happen. Enjoy.

Monday morning and I wake with a groan. School again followed by an afternoon of nothing. But wait. Today’s the day I get to wear Samus’s suit. Horray! I grab the heavy suit and slip it on over my body. When to the top I take the helmet and place it on my head. Suddenly everything goes weird. The window in the helmet goes fuzzy and then out of nowhere appears the words “You are not Samus! Where is Samus? Who are you?”

Clearing my throat I say “Ghost Killer. Samus is my ummm… cousin and I need to borrow this suit for… home…work…yeah that’s it, homework.” The screen went fuzzy again and then appeared with the words “Permission granted.” As I ran down the stairs I remembered that I needed my breakfast. How was I going to eat it with the suit on? I didn’t know how to get the helmet off.

As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw my brother starring straight at me. “Uh Oh” He looked at me puzzled and I waited for the moment where he would run off screaming to my mum, but that moment never occurred. “There’s something different about you.” He said. I paused. “Did you get a haircut?” Without thinking I took control of the ice beam and shot him directly in the groin. (I don’t know why. I just did.)

At school I flicked back and forth through my different weapons and visors until I came across one that I thought would be great fun to use. The scanner came into view and looking around me at the many things that were happening I knew that this wouldn’t fail to impress me. I faced a boy chatting up some girl in the corner and started scanning. This is what it said, ”Male human aged 15 who acts like a 18 year old. Note: strange smelling gas is being emitted from the backside.” I quickly switched to the heat sensor and glanced down. Patches of red were being shown coming from his backside while the rest of the air around remained a green. I moved away from this boy and made for my first lesson which was Maths.

Now I had a problem. Not only did I need the toilet really bad, but I also hadn’t revised for a maths test we were supposed to have today. But then it hit me. A book smacked me round the head and I howled in pain. After a few moments of pain I changed to my scan mode and went in for my maths test.

The test begun with me sitting and relaxing for the first few minutes. I needed only a little while to copy some answers. I then attempted to scan the test with my scanner and to my surprise a note came up reading “Object out of range.” Oh screw it I’ll just look over someone’s shoulder like a normal person.

While the others got changed I went ahead to practice my track and field. All went well then I heard the words, “Outside girls for some hockey.” Mmmmmm… this gave me an idea. I transformed into morph ball and remained still. My idea was to be the ball for their matches and get a ground view of all the players. Pretty sneaky! I waited until the teacher approached me and picked me up. “What an ugly looking ball.” She said. Then while throwing me over the fence made her way back to the girls. I was lost outside of school. What was I to do?

I was inside someone’s garden and needed to get out fast. I looked around for any signs of life and carefully made my way to the gate when suddenly… (Cue “Dun dun dun” beat) there before me lie the biggest spider I ever saw. It was about 3cm in length which was big to me as I’d never really seen many spiders before. I shot a missile at it without thinking. BANG! Thank God. I just cheated death.

The rest of the day consisted of scanning of bugs, poo and other random things. It was very fun and interesting. I then went home and searched desperately for a crowbar. I needed to get the suit off before my mum found what I was doing. Finally I found a crowbar and tried desperately to get the suit off.

For two hours I tried to get it off and ended up using the “exit suit” option as soon as I noticed it under my right arm. I then threw the suit into the back of my cupboard and made my way downstairs for dinner. What an adventure! And all went well. Just the my brother walked downstairs and entered the kitchen. “Mum, I can’t feel my groin.”

Thanks for reading
Wed 02/04/03 at 11:01
"griever"
i have to put up with shaneo
Mon 31/03/03 at 21:20
Regular
"do ut des"
I know Ghost Killer I have to put up with it every day at school.
Sun 30/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I appologise for the immature content. Nothing can be doen about that. It's just the way I am.
Sat 29/03/03 at 18:57
Regular
Scan the ladies for their "weakness's"
Sat 29/03/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Bah.

The fart humour is childish, the fantasy of wearing something which Samus has been in is too clichéd. Probably.
Sat 29/03/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
On Friday the 21st Metroid Prime, one of the most exciting games was released pleasing Nintendo fans all around Europe. Playing the game I couldn’t help but notice the strange 1st person screen. Inside a Samus’s helmet. Unlike anything I’ve seen before. So this then got me thinking and then I thought what would it be like to have Samus’s suit for the day? Just take the suit and use it in every day life. Well here’s what would happen. Enjoy.

Monday morning and I wake with a groan. School again followed by an afternoon of nothing. But wait. Today’s the day I get to wear Samus’s suit. Horray! I grab the heavy suit and slip it on over my body. When to the top I take the helmet and place it on my head. Suddenly everything goes weird. The window in the helmet goes fuzzy and then out of nowhere appears the words “You are not Samus! Where is Samus? Who are you?”

Clearing my throat I say “Ghost Killer. Samus is my ummm… cousin and I need to borrow this suit for… home…work…yeah that’s it, homework.” The screen went fuzzy again and then appeared with the words “Permission granted.” As I ran down the stairs I remembered that I needed my breakfast. How was I going to eat it with the suit on? I didn’t know how to get the helmet off.

As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw my brother starring straight at me. “Uh Oh” He looked at me puzzled and I waited for the moment where he would run off screaming to my mum, but that moment never occurred. “There’s something different about you.” He said. I paused. “Did you get a haircut?” Without thinking I took control of the ice beam and shot him directly in the groin. (I don’t know why. I just did.)

At school I flicked back and forth through my different weapons and visors until I came across one that I thought would be great fun to use. The scanner came into view and looking around me at the many things that were happening I knew that this wouldn’t fail to impress me. I faced a boy chatting up some girl in the corner and started scanning. This is what it said, ”Male human aged 15 who acts like a 18 year old. Note: strange smelling gas is being emitted from the backside.” I quickly switched to the heat sensor and glanced down. Patches of red were being shown coming from his backside while the rest of the air around remained a green. I moved away from this boy and made for my first lesson which was Maths.

Now I had a problem. Not only did I need the toilet really bad, but I also hadn’t revised for a maths test we were supposed to have today. But then it hit me. A book smacked me round the head and I howled in pain. After a few moments of pain I changed to my scan mode and went in for my maths test.

The test begun with me sitting and relaxing for the first few minutes. I needed only a little while to copy some answers. I then attempted to scan the test with my scanner and to my surprise a note came up reading “Object out of range.” Oh screw it I’ll just look over someone’s shoulder like a normal person.

While the others got changed I went ahead to practice my track and field. All went well then I heard the words, “Outside girls for some hockey.” Mmmmmm… this gave me an idea. I transformed into morph ball and remained still. My idea was to be the ball for their matches and get a ground view of all the players. Pretty sneaky! I waited until the teacher approached me and picked me up. “What an ugly looking ball.” She said. Then while throwing me over the fence made her way back to the girls. I was lost outside of school. What was I to do?

I was inside someone’s garden and needed to get out fast. I looked around for any signs of life and carefully made my way to the gate when suddenly… (Cue “Dun dun dun” beat) there before me lie the biggest spider I ever saw. It was about 3cm in length which was big to me as I’d never really seen many spiders before. I shot a missile at it without thinking. BANG! Thank God. I just cheated death.

The rest of the day consisted of scanning of bugs, poo and other random things. It was very fun and interesting. I then went home and searched desperately for a crowbar. I needed to get the suit off before my mum found what I was doing. Finally I found a crowbar and tried desperately to get the suit off.

For two hours I tried to get it off and ended up using the “exit suit” option as soon as I noticed it under my right arm. I then threw the suit into the back of my cupboard and made my way downstairs for dinner. What an adventure! And all went well. Just the my brother walked downstairs and entered the kitchen. “Mum, I can’t feel my groin.”

Thanks for reading

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.