GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Games - Whatcha Got?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 16:47
Regular
It really helps me sometimes if other people list out what they've got in the way of PS2 games and how they rate them when I'm thinking of getting another game. (Plus it gives you a chance to show off a bit if you've got a large collection). So far I've got (from most rated onwards):

Grand Theft Auto III
Silent Hill 2
Burnout
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec

I need to add a couple more just to get me through till February 22nd. So whatcha got and how do you rate them?
Fri 07/12/01 at 16:08
i have wwf smackdown + gt3
Fri 07/12/01 at 15:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The people who have it probably bought it as soon as it came out. So PES wasnt out.
Fri 07/12/01 at 14:03
I can't believe some of you guys have bought ISS, when Pro Evolution Soccer is out. I'm asuming you bought it before you knew that it wasn't the guys who made the PSX version.
PES
Grand Theft Auto 3
Smackdown! Just Bring It
Burnout
Fri 07/12/01 at 12:58
So far, I've got the following games:

Madden NFL 2001 - 8/10
Madden NFL 2002 - 9/10
GTA III - 7/10
GT3 - 9/10
Quake III - 8/10

It all depends on what you want out of a game, really. I dare say most of you will look at this and say "Why has he got both Madden games?" - simply because I'm an american football nut. Madden 2001 was the first game I got with my PS 2 - I'd heard how great GT 3 was going to be, and how great Tekken Tag was, but to be honest, my prime concern was getting Madden. I really don't think you can dwell too heavily on what other people tell you about a game. Everyone is an individual, and we all like our own different things. I have no intention of buying Tekkne Tag, or Devil May Cry, or Red Faction, or any of the other games I've heard great things about, simply because I just don't want to.

I'm not using my PS 2 to show off how great it is, I don't care if a game is "an essential purchase" - only I can decide what I'm going to aprt with my money over. These games are not cheap, and I'm only going to buy games that I want to buy for my own reasons. So while it's helpful to see what other people think, I strongly believe you should have an idea yourself, and try the game before you buy it - one mans meat is another man poison, so to speak.

Another thing that amazes me is the amount of schoolchildren you see on here who have a long list of games they already own, a long list of games they are expecting for Christmas, and they want to buy more between now and then.......how on earth do you all afford to be spending £40 a time on these? i work full-time, and I'm lucky if I can afford a game every other month. Guess I have other things to spend my money on.....

So, in closing - draw your own conclusions, and buy games that you are happy with. Everyone raves about how great GTA III is - I've only played it twice since I bought it on release day.......
Fri 07/12/01 at 11:09
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
Grand theft auto III 10/10

You must really love the game if you bought it twice! :-)
Fri 07/12/01 at 08:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Got SSX Tricky yesterday. 10/10, brilliant game, tons of stuff to unlock.
Thu 06/12/01 at 11:35
Zone of the Enders
Red Faction
Onimusha Warlords
Street Fighter EX 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Silent Hill 2
Tonty Hawk's 3

and technically

Devil May Cry (tomorrow - GAD)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (GAD)
Thu 06/12/01 at 10:30
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
SSX tricky 10/10
Smugglers Run 7/10
ISS 8/10
Red Faction 9/10

getting Jak and Daxter for christmas
Thu 06/12/01 at 08:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Thanks for all this information on your PS2 games guys, it's really helpful.
> Most of you that have rated ZOE pretty highly so I might consider it (if only
> because of the MGS2 demo).

It is a bit short and repitive with only 3 types of enemy. But it is very fun, the action is fast paced. You will play this through at least twice to get all the extras. You will also want to go back to it time and time again because it is fun. Good game to have in your collection.
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I have

Gran Turismo 3
Madden 2002
Silent Hill 2
Airblade
Smack Down 3
Grand Theft Auto 3

And am getting

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
SSX Tricky
Pro Evolution Soccer (football not soccer as Pro Evo says)
Burnout

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.