GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Mario Advance 4+"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3'.
Sun 30/03/03 at 11:41
Regular
I think we should start a topic on what we think the next Mario Advance should be. I have a few suggestions.

Super Mario Deluxe - I know that is a remake of Super Mario Bros + Lost Levels but I think with GBA resolution ang graphics it would look good. Also the multi-player mode that came with it. I'd like to see it in single pak.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - When I found out the SNES version was a remake I was amazed. It looked so much like a SNES game original and it was so long!

Super Mario RPG - Wasn't this announced on upwire in 2002? Anyway, SMRPG was a great game and I have read it ALL over the internet that other people want it.

Yoshi's Story - We have Final Fantasy Tactics, why not Yoshi's Story. Such a great game that was and being like Super Smash Bros. was just 2D with 3D graphics. Although it doesn't have Mario in it where as Yoshi's Island does.

Supeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer SMASH BROTHERS!!!!!! - Okay, mabye not as a Mario Advance but I think that it is possible to port the N64 version onto the GBA (and mabye even some Gamecube exclusive characters if the cartridge size is big enough)

Mario is Missing - Well it would actually be kind of original as it involved you (as Luigi) finding out what country you're in, getting Yoshi there, recovering Landmarks, etc - so it would be more modern and possibly SMRPG 3D style. Although for the same reasons it might be incredibly boring!

Mario Party - I might have read about this or mabye just a GBA - Gamecube link game but anyway I want a party game on the GBA so it's either Sonic Shuffle or this.

All the GB Super Mario Lands - I never played these as I only got my GBC in 2000 and I wasn't the person who goes on ebay to get them.

Super Mario Sushine - Okay, I know this isn't really within reason but it would be kinda possible.
Sat 05/04/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
To be honest I think Nintendo have represented Mario poorly on GBA. They should have released a Super Mario All Stars style bundle with Mario Bros 1-3 and possibly Super Mario World as well. If they wanted to milk the old Mario games they still could have released Marios 1-3 as one, then Super Mario World and SMW2 (Yoshi's Island) as another bundle. But no. They release each game seperately.

You could probably buy a SNES and Mario All Stars for about £35 on Ebay, rather than pay £35 per game to get each one seperately, and I personally won't get any of the GBA Mario titles (assuming at some point I do buy a GBA or GBA Player). I would probably buy a new mario title, but the constant re-hashes should have been released as a bundle and then be done with them to make way for original titles. Sega have the right idea. They released all the old 2D Sonics (albeit on GameCube not GBA) and made original titles for the GBA. Why Nintendo won't do the same is beyond me. Some new 2D Mario titles would surely boost GBA and SP sales no end.
Sat 05/04/03 at 03:27
Regular
Hello, I'm new here but since I read your posting and I love playing Super mario bros. I'm with you they need to bring out a new version for us GBC fans. I'm still playing super mario sunshine. I just beat that worm on the beach. Well I hope to here from you soon. I'm looking for help with sly fox adventures I'm stuck on the Ice race. I try the hills and everything and i still lose. have any suggestions.. please ... thanks
Fri 04/04/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Just got my GBA SP"
I mean Ninty
Fri 04/04/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Just got my GBA SP"
Why are we talking about Mario World? That's already ported to SMA2. SMB3 is probably the best unreleased game for GBA.

What's Nifty?
Wed 02/04/03 at 11:33
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Mario 3 for SNES was considered to be the best game made EVER<
> mostly because it was the top selling game, ever.
>
> What they should have done though, is re-released Super Mario All
> Stars + Super Mario Land (A game package only released in the US, I
> think...).
>
> ANd Mario 3 was the best game ever...

2 things:

Super Mario Bros 3 was never released seperately from Super Mario Allstars on the SNES. It was, however, released as a seperate game in its original form on the NES.

Super Mario Land is a Game Boy game, never appeared on the SNES (unless you count Super Game Boy). I believe the game you're thinking of is Super Mario Allstars Inc. Super Mario World, which happened to come as a package with my brother's SNES when he got it new in the UK in 1996 (or was it 1997?)

I would be very suprised if Super Mario Allstars, or even the version including Super Mario World saw a Game Boy Advance release, as most of the games are available seperately on Game Boy anyway.
Wed 02/04/03 at 09:50
Regular
"past,present&future"
I find it (SMB3) much too linear and straightforwards, I did at the time, too.
Tue 01/04/03 at 16:24
Regular
Mario 3 for SNES was considered to be the best game made EVER< mostly because it was the top selling game, ever.

What they should have done though, is re-released Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario Land (A game package only released in the US, I think...).

ANd Mario 3 was the best game ever...
Tue 01/04/03 at 11:55
Regular
"past,present&future"
Edgy wrote:
> Considered by many.
>
> It was definately considered the best when it was originally released,
> and I know there are those who still consider it the best.
>
> Saying 'Super Mario World is better, no?' is asking my opinion. And to
> be honest, I think I prefer Super Mario Bros 3.
>
> So, no, in my opinion, it isn't.

Fair enough.

V.
Tue 01/04/03 at 11:53
Regular
Considered by many.

It was definately considered the best when it was originally released, and I know there are those who still consider it the best.

Saying 'Super Mario World is better, no?' is asking my opinion. And to be honest, I think I prefer Super Mario Bros 3.

So, no, in my opinion, it isn't.
Tue 01/04/03 at 11:48
Regular
"past,present&future"
Edgy wrote:

> Super Mario Bros 3 however, hasn't seen a handheld device since it was
> released as an LCD game on a wristwatch (which I still have - just
> needs a new battery). I would be happy to purchase this for my Game
> Boy Advance, as would many other gamers, for it is considered to be
> the best Super Mario 2D title ever created.
>
Considered best Mario 2D title by whom?

Mario World is infinitely better.

No?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.