GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/03/03 at 13:23
Regular
Hey,

Just found out that I won GAD a few days back and I can't decide what to get. Should I go for Skies Of Arcadia Legends or The Sims? I'm sure the overwhelming response will be SOAL, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Bythe way, when's SOAL released over here?
Wed 02/04/03 at 09:26
Regular
"lag finder general"
I would go for the sims
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SOAL.

Considering The Sims is worthy of execution of the most brutal kind.

Yes.
Sun 30/03/03 at 19:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
Lucio wrote:
> DreamWarBird wrote:
>
> Game-A-Day
> gameaday.co.uk
>
> Whoa! You can really win games? I bet it is a scam like other sites I
> have visited, there’s bound to be money involved some where down the
> line.

Nope. It really isn't a scam. As long as you're a member of SR you can pick the game of your choice worth up to 50 quid. And if you aren't a member you win a membership plus a free gift. And once you're a member of SR there isn't any obligation to buy anything, if you really want you could just sit there doing nothing with it until your membership runs out. And you really do get the games you win, I've won 15 (I think) times and each and everytime I've had the game delivered to me either on release day, just after or within 4 days if it's already out.

And it all costs nothing.

I'd make a fantastic sales rep :-D
Sun 30/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
DreamWarBird wrote:

> Game-A-Day
> gameaday.co.uk

Whoa! You can really win games? I bet it is a scam like other sites I have visited, there’s bound to be money involved some where down the line.
Sun 30/03/03 at 18:46
Regular
SOAL, but that's because I like RPG's.
I'd personally pick neither, as there are higher priorities on my list (Don't hurt me WS...).
But SOAL is still in my top ten wanted this year list...
Sun 30/03/03 at 18:24
Regular
SOAL, its gods gift too man :D
Sun 30/03/03 at 18:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
Starlight wrote:
> Hmph, fair enough. I wasn't taking a shot at you in particular it's
> just you're sitting at the internet. A huge database of information
> on any game you want is at your disposal

True but most of the reviews of games sites that I trust sell the games too and so have an ulterior motive for giving them good scores. The people on here are a) Gamecube owners b) Have no reason to plug the game other than that they think its good and c) Also have nothing to lose by labelling it crap. That's why I like to get normal people's opinions.
Sun 30/03/03 at 16:17
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Hmph, fair enough. I wasn't taking a shot at you in particular it's just you're sitting at the internet. A huge database of information on any game you want is at your disposal, if I started a topic every time I was wonderig about something like this the whole forum would be filled with Starlight topics.
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:50
Regular
*looks at his choice of NBA Courtside for GAD*

I second RBS. :D
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
Starlight wrote:
> Can I ask why people start these threads, I'm pretty sure everyone has
> their own brain and the ability to decide on personal taste and not
> other peoples.
>
> I'm not making a hit at anyone in particular but we seem to get one of
> these every few days.

I really can't decide though and having never played either game, I thought it might be a good idea to get some input from people who HAVE, especially seeing as a free game doesn't just come along I'd rather not waste the oppurtunity by choosing a crap one.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.