GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Devil May Cry 2 then..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Devil May Cry 2'.
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:12
Regular
Not had much chance to play on it, but I can understand what the reviewers are saying. They've taken away a lot of the things that made the original brilliant. Like the whole gothic surroundings - DMC2 seems to be in a boring run down town. And the enemies are a bit poo. Infected tank? Infected chopper?

I'm only up to level five or something, and already it's going downhill. Poo.
Thu 03/04/03 at 19:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Okay, explain to me why Dante is there in the first place. The game opens with dante just standing in an old place for no reason - sure we get some glimpses of a storyline after that, Arius and so on, but why the hell would he be there anyway?

And yes, Wookie, it really is called "Infected Chopper". All name puns aside, it's a really poor element to bring into the game. It was a lot better with fantasy demons and things rather than just your everyday weaponry. A tank or a helicopter could happen in real life; the enemies of DMC 1 couldn't. They were special.

Plus all the gothic surroundings have been scrapped in favour of boring stone buildings and corrugated iron rooves. Corrugated iron!
Wed 02/04/03 at 23:46
"High polygon count"
Blank wrote:
> Infected chopper?

Oo-er!
Wed 02/04/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
My god!

Are you completely silly?

Youre saying the game had no story?

Gah.

Got the first game? Look at the blurb on the back of the case. That might have a bit or the story or something. Im sure the manual has got it. It describes what has been happening etc. Then you play the game to understand the characters and demons and Sparda etc more and then, DMC2 continues from where DMC left off.

Silly people.

I know the game is not like a real *story* but its close enough. The manual describes how it should, missions are described before you start and the story follows in cutscenes as you progress.

I wont spoil anything.

But youre really making a great game sound crap.

Not really calling you stupid though, just dont like people making harsh comments about DMC... because it rules.

:oD
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If you thought the first had no story you will be seriously shocked by this. Here's the beginning (don't worry about spoilers...there's nothing to spoil):

Lucia in a room looking at a case. The case contains something. We know not what.

Eagle-type creatures break in through the windows, she kills a few, Dante appears, kills a few.

They say some meaningless stuff like "See you again Son of Sparda"

Next thing you know you're in a random location with no clue how you got there, why you're there or what teh significance of the previous event was. And you know what? It never explains it.
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
S'alright I suppose considering that none of the original DMC team actually had a hand in the sequel.
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:42
"griever"
well neither does the first one
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There's no storyline whatsoever. You're just put there.
Mon 31/03/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well ive completed the game a couple times now... still going back to play it over and over.

The game rules.

Nuff said.
Mon 31/03/03 at 13:37
A mate in college says its good, going to rent it soon once Im bored of Splinter Cell. Too many mixed reviews to actually buy the game, make my own opinion once I rent and then buy it if necessary.
Sun 30/03/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I think Herc's points are more reliable.

Go Herc! Go Herc!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.