GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't buy an X-Box!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/08/00 at 13:47
Regular
All right then, who's heard about Microsoft buying up the rather promising looking Halo, then? All of you? Good.
Halo is inevitably going to see X-box release, but there has been talk of it not appearing on the PC as a result. I think that everybody should do their bit to stop Microsoft from walking all over humble PC gamers like you and me, because if we don't then we could see quality series like the Midtown Madness games disappearing onto Big Bad Bill's new super console. Don't buy an X-Box and force Microsoft to show a little respect to the people who helped put them where they are today, i.e. us. Long live the revolution, etc.
Sat 26/08/00 at 13:47
All right then, who's heard about Microsoft buying up the rather promising looking Halo, then? All of you? Good.
Halo is inevitably going to see X-box release, but there has been talk of it not appearing on the PC as a result. I think that everybody should do their bit to stop Microsoft from walking all over humble PC gamers like you and me, because if we don't then we could see quality series like the Midtown Madness games disappearing onto Big Bad Bill's new super console. Don't buy an X-Box and force Microsoft to show a little respect to the people who helped put them where they are today, i.e. us. Long live the revolution, etc.
Sat 26/08/00 at 16:09
Regular
Saying that Halo may only appear on the X-box, there was rumours a while ago that Black and White may appear not on Pc and only on a certain console... Anyone know anything about this?
Sat 26/08/00 at 17:36
The rumors about Black and White are probably confusion. Peter Molyneaux, the creator of B&W, has said that it would be the last PC game he (himself) would make and that he is very interested in making games for the X-Box. So B&W will be on the PC, and his company Lionhead will still make PC games just that he is interested in the X-Box, so don't worry! The X-Box i think looks quite good and i may buy one because it will be a useful tool, it'll mean i can have a quick game of something for the PC, which is the only bad point about the PC, and with my PC i'll still be able to do all the rest. So it's not so bad... buy an X-Box and reap the benefits, or stick with the PC only and be happy anyway!
Sat 26/08/00 at 17:37
Oh and if Halo only comes out on X-Box, the advantage will be that X-Box has a very good game from the start, rather than having to wait ages, as you will with the PS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.