GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nvidia drivers available"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 10:10
Regular
For those of you with Nvidia graphic cards, there are new drivers available for download from their website.

6mb but well worth it, with an improved performance of up to 40%.
The difference on things like Operation Flashpoint and Castle Wolfenstein is incredible.
Tue 04/12/01 at 11:53
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'm getting another 128 for £24.99.

Unfortunately, their P4 RDRAM prices are still a little on the expensive side, though.
Tue 04/12/01 at 11:30
Regular
"..."
Nice, cheers dude.
Tue 04/12/01 at 11:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yesterday, the spec is:

Detonator™ XP v23.11 Windows® 95/98/Me

I got the new detonators a couple of weeks back as well, but this is a nice little Xmas present for us.
Tue 04/12/01 at 11:04
Regular
"..."
Goatboy wrote:
> For those of you with Nvidia graphic cards, there are new drivers available for
> download from their website.

do you know when they came out? I only got my card about 3 weeks ago, and downloaded the drivers from the site then...
Tue 04/12/01 at 10:55
Regular
"Not your monkey"
apologies for lack of punctuation there! 'long night!'
:S
Tue 04/12/01 at 10:54
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I actually got my brother an extra 128 ram for just under a tenner PC133 Ram that is, not RD800 or whatever it is.

Not gonna post the site though coz it kinda detracts SR business.

Think i will get Castle wolf then. I want a flamethrower!

Mwaaahahaha! :D

* walks of with a glint in his eye *
Tue 04/12/01 at 10:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The last drivers were excellent, with Flashpoint they added things like the smoke grenades actually working, massive explosios with plumes of black smoke rising into the air for minutes after a battle and generally graphics loveliness all round.

And with SR doing RAM at stupid prices, you're a mentalist if you don't upgrade to 256mb at least.
I'm getting another 128 for £24.99.

You crazy SR folk, how can you offer such handy items at such a low price? Why it's almost a perfect Xmas gift for nerds and game-monkeys for me.

---

Commerical for SR ram over.
Get these drivers you dirty sanchez
Tue 04/12/01 at 10:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm running an Athalon 1gig, 256meg, TNT Pro 64 and it runs pretty durn smooth on 800x600 - a tad stuttery on 1024x786 but that's to be expected.
Just want to check it with these drivers tonight, going to be sweeeet.

you can get them from nvidia.com

It says "XP" but that's just because they have additional functions for XP systems, works with 95/98/ME and 200 as well.

Poifect
Tue 04/12/01 at 10:19
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Goaty, on the subject of Castle Wolf, what machine are you running it on. In other words, is it worth playing on an athlon 650, 128mb Ram and a Geforce 256 card? Obviously i won't get everything up full but would it be playable do you reckon?

It ran Max Payne nicely on 800x600 but that was its limit!.

Gonna get these drivers now me thinks!
Tue 04/12/01 at 10:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
For those of you with Nvidia graphic cards, there are new drivers available for download from their website.

6mb but well worth it, with an improved performance of up to 40%.
The difference on things like Operation Flashpoint and Castle Wolfenstein is incredible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.