GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rush Hour 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 07:39
Regular
Ever since I found out Rush Hour 2 was in the works I had to see it! Rush hour is one of my favourite movies cause its so funny, and I love Chris Tucker cause he’s funny and I love Jackie Chan cause he’s an excellent stunt man! They were both so entertaining in Rush Hour, so the second one was just a must for me! As soon as I got in theatre I knew I was going to be laughing hard and that’s true, I was! The movie was hilarious and I just loved the comedy! It was like the first but different. Had the same comedy but I felt it had a bit more action! Chan also got to speak a bit more and also had some funny scenes!

The story is basically James Carter (Chris Tucker) goes on Vacation to Hong Kong to visit Lee (Jackie Chan) and to try and have a good time but the U.S embassy in Hong Kong gets blown up and two Americans are killed. Lee accepts the case, and Carter is not very happy about that since he is meant to be having a good time. Anyway Lee goes to a bar where the number one suspect Ricky Tan (John Lone) will be, and Carter starts to sing karaoke (one of the best scenes in the movie) while all the Asian people watch him sing a Michael Jackson classic, and the women go on stage and start dancing with him whilst Lee tries to look for Ricky Tan. Lee tells Carter to tone it down cause there in a gangster bar but the big-headed individual he is, he ends up announcing he is an officer looking for Ricky Tan but since everyone is Chinese he gets Lee to translate but since it’s a Gangster bar he makes him look a fool, which is just so funny. Whilst translating, Lee spots Hu Li, (Ziyi Zhang) one of Ricky Tans people. She runs away with her people and he and Carter chase her which equals the first major fight scene. After a while, Lee and Carter end up on Ricky Tans bout and witness him being killed by one of his own people Hu Li. She kicks Carter a few times (which is so funny) before escaping on a bout. The American police are angry with Lee because their number one suspect is dead. They tell both agents to stay off the case.

Carter is about to fly to home to L.A but Lee tells him this case was his father’s unfinished case and he died whilst trying to solve it. Lee flies to L.A with Carter even though they were instructed to stay off the case. They want to solve the case even if they were told not to. Somehow the guys end up in Vegas, which is hilarious, but I don’t really want to get in to any more detail as ill just ruin it!

Chris Tucker was hilarious as ever, his comedy style gets me into fits of giggles and I can't stop laughing at him. He was so funny and I think he was brilliant in this movie. I don’t think any other actor could have played Agent James Carter better than him. Everything he did in the movie made me laugh out loud and his fight scenes weren’t too bad either.

Jackie Chan was also brilliant in this movie, his acting was quite good but his fight scenes were superb. His fight scenes were brilliant and make you wonder how he does that stuff! He had more lines in this movie, which meant he could "get down" with Tucker a little more.

Ziyi Zhang had some great fight scenes and she definitely has talent when it comes to martial arts. She doesn’t speak a word of English in this movie but that’s all forgotten with her brilliant fight scenes. Her fight scenes in Crouching Tiger were much better but this was a brilliant American Movie debut, even though she spoke no English.
Also in the movie was Roselyn Sanchez who plays secret agent Isabella Molina. She had one small fight scene with Ziyi Zhang and kind of played Jackie Chan’s love interest but that was about it. There is a funny scene involving her wearing just lingerie and Agent Lee and a pair of binoculars.

The fight scenes were excellent, I absolutely loved them and Chris Tucker was pretty cool as well as the master Jackie Chan. My favourite fight scene had to be in the massage parlour. That was pretty funny.

The out takes right at the end were hilarious! Some people actually walked out which I thought was pretty dumb as a lot of laughs were to be had at watching Chan screw up in his mega stunt, or Tucker screw up his "fish" line about a thousand times!

This movie is hilarious. If you’re looking to watch something at the cinema that has action and tons of comedy, this one is for you. It isn’t serious but that’s what I love about it, you’ll be laughing within the first five minutes! If you liked the first once you’ll love this, it’s more of the same stuff but a brilliant sequel, as not many good sequels exist out there! I really recommend this movie to anyone and everyone because anybody could enjoy it. I wouldn’t mind watching this again because it’s just so enjoyable! I loved the first one but I actually thought the second one lived up to my expectations, more actually. It’s a great movie, the story isn’t brilliant but so what it’s hilarious and still an enjoyable movie! Catch this one because it’s so much fun to watch and it’s superb! If you weren’t too keen on the first movie don’t let that put you off because this movie proves sequels can be better! A movie for everyone! If you still haven’t seen this movie go see it now!
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:47
absolutely hillarious this is way better than number 1 i couldn't stop laughing in the cinemas
Wed 05/12/01 at 18:27
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Don't cross Gaz!

You have been warned! :-D
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:24
Regular
Look, it's very simple. 4000 character limit is to prevent reviews becoming ponderous. This is ponderous. Reviews are to encourage SR customers to buy the DVD when they look at it. This isn't in the reviews section, so it's useless.
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:20
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Stryke wrote:
> Firebalt - Reviews should be in reviews section.

And yes, it's Vottanator.

Gaz, bottom line is: I couldn't post it in the review section because I exceeded the character allowance. I just checked that guy's stats after I posted the message (sorry Gaz!) and they both match Gameaday and Filmaday wins - so I guess that story is solved.

Firebalt.
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:20
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Stryke wrote:
> Firebalt - Reviews should be in reviews section.

Gaz, bottom line is: I couldn't post it in the review section because I exceeded the character allowance. I just checked that guy's stats after I posted the message (sorry Gaz!) and they both match Gameaday and Filmaday wins - so I guess that story is solved.

Firebalt.
Tue 04/12/01 at 18:47
Regular
Firebalt - Reviews should be in reviews section.

Tue 04/12/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Stryke wrote:
> Sigh.. Can you not post anything in the reviews section?

It wouldn't post in the reviews section, as I had exceeded the word count. Nice to see that you're in a good mood Gaz. By the way, who is Sunming Zhao? Is it Vottanator under a new name or something, because he seems to know you pretty well.

Firebalt.
Tue 04/12/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I have ordered my copy.

And I see that you have claimed it for your FAD Gaz.

Let's see who has it first.

*crosses fingers*
Tue 04/12/01 at 07:58
Regular
Sigh.. Can you not post anything in the reviews section?
Tue 04/12/01 at 07:39
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Ever since I found out Rush Hour 2 was in the works I had to see it! Rush hour is one of my favourite movies cause its so funny, and I love Chris Tucker cause he’s funny and I love Jackie Chan cause he’s an excellent stunt man! They were both so entertaining in Rush Hour, so the second one was just a must for me! As soon as I got in theatre I knew I was going to be laughing hard and that’s true, I was! The movie was hilarious and I just loved the comedy! It was like the first but different. Had the same comedy but I felt it had a bit more action! Chan also got to speak a bit more and also had some funny scenes!

The story is basically James Carter (Chris Tucker) goes on Vacation to Hong Kong to visit Lee (Jackie Chan) and to try and have a good time but the U.S embassy in Hong Kong gets blown up and two Americans are killed. Lee accepts the case, and Carter is not very happy about that since he is meant to be having a good time. Anyway Lee goes to a bar where the number one suspect Ricky Tan (John Lone) will be, and Carter starts to sing karaoke (one of the best scenes in the movie) while all the Asian people watch him sing a Michael Jackson classic, and the women go on stage and start dancing with him whilst Lee tries to look for Ricky Tan. Lee tells Carter to tone it down cause there in a gangster bar but the big-headed individual he is, he ends up announcing he is an officer looking for Ricky Tan but since everyone is Chinese he gets Lee to translate but since it’s a Gangster bar he makes him look a fool, which is just so funny. Whilst translating, Lee spots Hu Li, (Ziyi Zhang) one of Ricky Tans people. She runs away with her people and he and Carter chase her which equals the first major fight scene. After a while, Lee and Carter end up on Ricky Tans bout and witness him being killed by one of his own people Hu Li. She kicks Carter a few times (which is so funny) before escaping on a bout. The American police are angry with Lee because their number one suspect is dead. They tell both agents to stay off the case.

Carter is about to fly to home to L.A but Lee tells him this case was his father’s unfinished case and he died whilst trying to solve it. Lee flies to L.A with Carter even though they were instructed to stay off the case. They want to solve the case even if they were told not to. Somehow the guys end up in Vegas, which is hilarious, but I don’t really want to get in to any more detail as ill just ruin it!

Chris Tucker was hilarious as ever, his comedy style gets me into fits of giggles and I can't stop laughing at him. He was so funny and I think he was brilliant in this movie. I don’t think any other actor could have played Agent James Carter better than him. Everything he did in the movie made me laugh out loud and his fight scenes weren’t too bad either.

Jackie Chan was also brilliant in this movie, his acting was quite good but his fight scenes were superb. His fight scenes were brilliant and make you wonder how he does that stuff! He had more lines in this movie, which meant he could "get down" with Tucker a little more.

Ziyi Zhang had some great fight scenes and she definitely has talent when it comes to martial arts. She doesn’t speak a word of English in this movie but that’s all forgotten with her brilliant fight scenes. Her fight scenes in Crouching Tiger were much better but this was a brilliant American Movie debut, even though she spoke no English.
Also in the movie was Roselyn Sanchez who plays secret agent Isabella Molina. She had one small fight scene with Ziyi Zhang and kind of played Jackie Chan’s love interest but that was about it. There is a funny scene involving her wearing just lingerie and Agent Lee and a pair of binoculars.

The fight scenes were excellent, I absolutely loved them and Chris Tucker was pretty cool as well as the master Jackie Chan. My favourite fight scene had to be in the massage parlour. That was pretty funny.

The out takes right at the end were hilarious! Some people actually walked out which I thought was pretty dumb as a lot of laughs were to be had at watching Chan screw up in his mega stunt, or Tucker screw up his "fish" line about a thousand times!

This movie is hilarious. If you’re looking to watch something at the cinema that has action and tons of comedy, this one is for you. It isn’t serious but that’s what I love about it, you’ll be laughing within the first five minutes! If you liked the first once you’ll love this, it’s more of the same stuff but a brilliant sequel, as not many good sequels exist out there! I really recommend this movie to anyone and everyone because anybody could enjoy it. I wouldn’t mind watching this again because it’s just so enjoyable! I loved the first one but I actually thought the second one lived up to my expectations, more actually. It’s a great movie, the story isn’t brilliant but so what it’s hilarious and still an enjoyable movie! Catch this one because it’s so much fun to watch and it’s superb! If you weren’t too keen on the first movie don’t let that put you off because this movie proves sequels can be better! A movie for everyone! If you still haven’t seen this movie go see it now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.