GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Focus group 3: Starfox Poster campaign"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
http://conkula.homestead.com/themightypoosong.html

Here you will see 3 mini posters, not full sized A4 posters but half a page posters. Now I know the logo on the first one doesn't look right and the lettering on there others is illegible. That doesn't matter, what I want to know is what you think of all 3 and which 1 you prefer.

This is being recorded for a media studies project so be wary of what you write.

Thank you.

Chris.
Mon 31/03/03 at 23:17
Regular
oh and i finally changed the STAR-FOX logo so it doesn't look streched and ugly.
Mon 31/03/03 at 23:15
Regular
Right I've decided on the first one, I changed the second words of "An In Depth study of the lylat system" to a list of what the website features in red and smaller so not to distract from the main image. I also positioned it differently from the list of games. I also added the legal information at the foot of the page.
Mon 31/03/03 at 22:47
Regular
It is all just rough designs of what the final poster will look like. The grainy writing and the poor colour isn't just poor designing, it's just the effect from changing the file to a jpeg.

I have seen a distinct popularity for the third design and taking the minor criticism's into account I am currently updating it. I don't have access to graphic packages so naturally they won't look their best.
Mon 31/03/03 at 21:21
"Uzi Lover"
First One - The Purple text looks grainy and doesn't quite work, while the STARFOX title is just very bad quality. The characters standing in the centre work well and it makes it look the best out of the three. The shadows of the characters look good on white. Probably the best one.

Second One - There is too much text and it is very hard to read, very grainy. The text is just written there aswell, its all together and not creatively placed at all. The logo and the picture aren't centrally aligned. The blue doesn't work on the black and the white text at the bottom is even ahrder to read because it's small and again grainy. The Worst.

Third One - This is the best of the black ones. The red text at the top is bolder and so can be read more easily, and the way Andross is positioned over the STARFOX title works well.

You're work doesn't look that great at all and this is ebcause it looks like it was made in a program like Paint. Get yourself a better graphics package (Fireworks/Photoshop) and you can put together something ten tiems as good in the same amount of time. They also give you the oppertunity to do some creative stuff with their tools. It'll make you look like a pro advertiser with practice, otherwise it doesn't need much. Anyone can use it.

You've got the ideas, you just need the program to make it all come together and work well.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
The first one is far better than the other two.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:41
Regular
They all look crap in my opinion.

But I'm guessing these aren't exactly finished pieces right? In which case the first one has the best design, although you might want to get some Arwings in there, and maybe the picture of Andross (from the third design) faded into the background.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Festivus!"
2nd one, bar the stupid writing.
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:27
Regular
I prefer the 1st one, but if the second one had the updated GC graphics then it'd probably be better

:D
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:10
Regular
The first one. The other two are blurry and boring.
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:51
Regular
Pop?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.