GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, you want to be a Wrestler?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 19:40
Regular
My friend and I are starting a backyard federation (we are partly training) and I was just checking out how much gear costs. Quite an interesting read actually, take a look. Also, all of the rings and cages etc are the cheapest model.

16' Wrestling Ring Standard Package = £2281.37

However, if you buy the parts seperately...

Deluxe Wrestling Ring Frame = £1983.06
Wrestling Ring Aprons = £175.491
Wrestling Ring Heavy Canvas = £245.688
Wrestling Ring Metal Turnbuckles = £10.4944
Wrestling Ring Padding = £421.181
Wrestling Ring Ropes = £315.889
Wrestling Ring Steel Cage = £1052.96
Wrestling Ring Turnbuckle Pads = £105.298

Interesting eh? Too many clothes to go through, so that should do for a bit.

Firebalt.
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
My friend and I are starting a backyard federation (we are partly training) and I was just checking out how much gear costs. Quite an interesting read actually, take a look. Also, all of the rings and cages etc are the cheapest model.

16' Wrestling Ring Standard Package = £2281.37

However, if you buy the parts seperately...

Deluxe Wrestling Ring Frame = £1983.06
Wrestling Ring Aprons = £175.491
Wrestling Ring Heavy Canvas = £245.688
Wrestling Ring Metal Turnbuckles = £10.4944
Wrestling Ring Padding = £421.181
Wrestling Ring Ropes = £315.889
Wrestling Ring Steel Cage = £1052.96
Wrestling Ring Turnbuckle Pads = £105.298

Interesting eh? Too many clothes to go through, so that should do for a bit.

Firebalt.
Mon 03/12/01 at 21:04
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
If your starting a backyard, please for the love of god DO NOT BLADE DO NOT DO NECK BUMPS, AND DO NOT LET ANY PRIMA DONNA TRY A SHOOTING STAR PRESS.
Mon 03/12/01 at 21:34
Regular
"THE BIG SHOW"
where did you find all that info from.there is already a BYW federation.
Tue 04/12/01 at 17:18
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yer i have the video Best Of basckyard Wrestling Volumes 1 & 2, (nice vidoes of Major Guns) its well funny seeing those little kids putting there lives on the line. This 9 year old kid got powerbombed through a piece of wood on fire by his big brother (The kid wanted to do it) as soon as it happened he ran and dived into his pool, it was well funny.
Tue 04/12/01 at 17:20
Regular
"One More Chance"
Looks expensive as well, are you gonna be an English version of the hardyz? I could be a little kid who runs in and hits people over the head with steel chairs and once im trained i will ocasionly be powerbombed through tables!
Tue 04/12/01 at 18:17
expensive? well OK its maybe hard to get the money but its much cheaper than i thought
Tue 04/12/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Here's all the information:

Rules

1. If you're uncomfortable with a move, don’t do it.
2. ALWAYS talk during match.
3. Try to talk to the wrestler about the match before it happens.
4. Try and practice beforehand.
5. Always say if you cant appear at a show / PPV.
6. ALWAYS listen to Prez

Ring Plans

The cheapest and easiest way to build a quality, 14'x14' ring is simple. Buy four 6x6x12 posts from a hardware store. Dig four holes four feet deep and put the posts in each hole, then cover it up with dirt. Go to a local junkyard, get as many old tires as you can. Stack them two or three tires high leaving no empty space. While you're at the junkyard, get as much foam, padding, and carpet as you can. Go to a hardware store or somewhere and buy a 14x14 piece of plywood to cover the tires. Place the foam or any other type of padding you have over the plywood. Go back to your hardware store to buy twelve i-hooks, twelve turnbuckles, three big cables, and enough rope to go around the whole ring three times. Put the i-hooks into the poles, put the turnbuckles into the i-hooks, run rope from turnbuckle to turnbuckle, and then when the rope goes around the whole ring, clamp them together with the cable clamps. Tighten the turnbuckles and you have a good quality ring.

President: Me
Commentators: My mate / Me
Ring Announcer: Me
Commissioner: My mate

Props

Ropes = Cables
Ring Posts = posts
Bulk for ring = Tires
Padding = Mats
Turnbuckles = I Hooks
Rope tighteners = Cable clamp.

Weekly Show

Saturday = Carnage

Supercard

January = Destruction
February = Revenge
March = Salvation
April = Freedom
May = Dragback
June = Unreal Tournament
July = Special Ops
August = Feel The Heat
September = Diversion
October = Condition Zero
November = Hammerlock
December = The End Is Here

Anyone know how much any of the ring parts are (read "Props" section for more information)

If this takes off, I could make a little side-business from this!

Firebalt.
Tue 04/12/01 at 20:35
Regular
"THE BIG SHOW"
are you going to have hardcore matches?
Tue 04/12/01 at 20:58
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
A 16-year-old Volusia County boy is in stable condition Friday after a backyard wrestling stunt went wrong. YahooNews posted the following story:

The teen suffered second-degree burns on his chest and waist when his friend put rubbing alcohol on his clothes and ignited it. The unidentified victim is expected to be OK.

The accident happened at 561 E. Euclid Ave. in DeLand, and the entire incident was caught on tape.

The group of teenagers said that they often wrestle in each other's back yards after school, mimicking professional wrestlers and hard-core matches.

"There's only been a couple times that people probably broke their arms and stuff, got stitches or whatever, but that's about it. Nothing like this. Nothing where someone got burned and was in the hospital," said Brian Bates, the victim's brother.

Bates said the accident should have never happened.

"(My brother) said 'Don't,' and the dude did it anyway," Bates said. "They throw the alcohol on you, and then they put you on fire."

The videotape shows the victim calling for a timeout, but instead of stopping, someone hit him with a chair.

"We lit his leg and he got kind of scared," Joey Rousseau said. "I wish I wouldn't have done it."

The victim rolled 10 times before the flames were put out, according to his brother.

Rousseau could face criminal charges.

The teens said they have been backyard wrestling for months. But after the incident, they said they won't be wrestling anymore

Credit: YahooNews
Tue 04/12/01 at 22:13
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yer i say you should just jion a club run my trained profesionals, and dont do any hardcore matches, no chairs or nothing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.