GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, you want to be a Wrestler?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 19:40
Regular
My friend and I are starting a backyard federation (we are partly training) and I was just checking out how much gear costs. Quite an interesting read actually, take a look. Also, all of the rings and cages etc are the cheapest model.

16' Wrestling Ring Standard Package = £2281.37

However, if you buy the parts seperately...

Deluxe Wrestling Ring Frame = £1983.06
Wrestling Ring Aprons = £175.491
Wrestling Ring Heavy Canvas = £245.688
Wrestling Ring Metal Turnbuckles = £10.4944
Wrestling Ring Padding = £421.181
Wrestling Ring Ropes = £315.889
Wrestling Ring Steel Cage = £1052.96
Wrestling Ring Turnbuckle Pads = £105.298

Interesting eh? Too many clothes to go through, so that should do for a bit.

Firebalt.
Mon 10/12/01 at 21:32
Firebalt Wrote

The cheapest and easiest way to build a quality, 14'x14' ring is simple. Buy four 6x6x12 posts from a hardware store. Dig four holes four feet deep and put the posts in each hole, then cover it up with dirt. Go to a local junkyard, get as many old tires as you can. Stack them two or three tires high leaving no empty space. While you're at the junkyard, get as much foam, padding, and carpet as you can. Go to a hardware store or somewhere and buy a 14x14 piece of plywood to cover the tires. Place the foam or any other type of padding you have over the plywood. Go back to your hardware store to buy twelve i-hooks, twelve turnbuckles, three big cables, and enough rope to go around the whole ring three times. Put the i-hooks into the poles, put the turnbuckles into the i-hooks, run rope from turnbuckle to turnbuckle, and then when the rope goes around the whole ring, clamp them together with the cable clamps. Tighten the turnbuckles and you have a good quality ring.

I probably won't be able to get much of that. There isn't very much trouble here, its not as bad as most people think but there are some feuds, nothing to serious though. I've been looking to start wrestlnig for ages but I can never seem to find anyone to wrestle. I'm gonna buy a load of tables and stuff soon, i'm into the hardcore element fairly deeply. I'm not totally insane though and would'nt lite myself or anything, just some fairly dangerous stunts.

Spud
Sun 09/12/01 at 14:51
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
spud12345 wrote:
> Yo, Firebalt, If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I live in N.
> Ireland and i'll probably not be able to get any of this stuff cause i've been
> looking to start wrestling for a while, and what are i-hooks?

I live in Essex, about 2 hours from London. Northern Ireland eh? Is your area trouble? What do you mean by "i'll probably not be able to get any of this stuff cause i've been looking to start wrestling for a while"? Ihooks are the things that connect the ring posts to the ropes.

FB.
Sun 09/12/01 at 13:47
Yo, Firebalt, If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I live in N. Ireland and i'll probably not be able to get any of this stuff cause i've been looking to start wrestling for a while, and what are i-hooks?

Thanx
Sat 08/12/01 at 09:13
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
big_slow wrote:
> Firebalt wrote:

Go back to your hardware store to buy twelve i-hooks,
> twelve
> turnbuckles, three big cables, and enough rope to go around the
> whole ring three
> times.

would you say?
"Hello, its me again, can
> i have 12 i-hooks, three big cables and enough rope to go around the ring three
> times. and send me a couple of turnbuckles while your at it mate"

No. My mate and I will probably get them half each or something, to avoid suspiscion from anyone, not that they would notice.

Firebalt.
Sat 08/12/01 at 00:51
Firebalt wrote:

Go back to your hardware store to buy twelve i-hooks, twelve
> turnbuckles, three big cables, and enough rope to go around the whole ring three
> times.

would you say?
"Hello, its me again, can i have 12 i-hooks, three big cables and enough rope to go around the ring three times. and send me a couple of turnbuckles while your at it mate"
Fri 07/12/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
spud12345 wrote:
> Hey, Firebalt, where nare you getting the ring posts and stuff? If its off the
> internet could you gimme the site?

Thanks

Just go to any good search engine and type in "Wrestling Gear" and you should get rings, masks, boots etc. Sorry, my dad restored the computer yesterday and I can't remember the URL! I'm self-constructing my ring with poles, tires etc. Here's the plan:

The cheapest and easiest way to build a quality, 14'x14' ring is simple. Buy four 6x6x12 posts from a hardware store. Dig four holes four feet deep and put the posts in each hole, then cover it up with dirt. Go to a local junkyard, get as many old tires as you can. Stack them two or three tires high leaving no empty space. While you're at the junkyard, get as much foam, padding, and carpet as you can. Go to a hardware store or somewhere and buy a 14x14 piece of plywood to cover the tires. Place the foam or any other type of padding you have over the plywood. Go back to your hardware store to buy twelve i-hooks, twelve turnbuckles, three big cables, and enough rope to go around the whole ring three times. Put the i-hooks into the poles, put the turnbuckles into the i-hooks, run rope from turnbuckle to turnbuckle, and then when the rope goes around the whole ring, clamp them together with the cable clamps. Tighten the turnbuckles and you have a good quality ring.

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
Thu 06/12/01 at 21:07
Hey, Firebalt, where nare you getting the ring posts and stuff? If its off the internet could you gimme the site?

Thanks
Wed 05/12/01 at 19:49
Regular
"THE BIG SHOW"
what ever you do,dont do any high flying moves.
Tue 04/12/01 at 22:13
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yer i say you should just jion a club run my trained profesionals, and dont do any hardcore matches, no chairs or nothing.
Tue 04/12/01 at 20:58
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
A 16-year-old Volusia County boy is in stable condition Friday after a backyard wrestling stunt went wrong. YahooNews posted the following story:

The teen suffered second-degree burns on his chest and waist when his friend put rubbing alcohol on his clothes and ignited it. The unidentified victim is expected to be OK.

The accident happened at 561 E. Euclid Ave. in DeLand, and the entire incident was caught on tape.

The group of teenagers said that they often wrestle in each other's back yards after school, mimicking professional wrestlers and hard-core matches.

"There's only been a couple times that people probably broke their arms and stuff, got stitches or whatever, but that's about it. Nothing like this. Nothing where someone got burned and was in the hospital," said Brian Bates, the victim's brother.

Bates said the accident should have never happened.

"(My brother) said 'Don't,' and the dude did it anyway," Bates said. "They throw the alcohol on you, and then they put you on fire."

The videotape shows the victim calling for a timeout, but instead of stopping, someone hit him with a chair.

"We lit his leg and he got kind of scared," Joey Rousseau said. "I wish I wouldn't have done it."

The victim rolled 10 times before the flames were put out, according to his brother.

Rousseau could face criminal charges.

The teens said they have been backyard wrestling for months. But after the incident, they said they won't be wrestling anymore

Credit: YahooNews

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.