GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UKChatforums Secondary School"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/03/03 at 19:46
Regular
UKChatforums.com. People use it for several reasons - a friendly environment in which you can talk to other people; a source of information; a place where you can pretend to be really hard by telling newbies that they suck and then getting all your little cronies to back you up. Yes, UkChatforums is a lovely, friendly place. But, what does it actually give to people besides fun and information - a chance to win games, yes.. anything else? Probably lots of you have answers to go with that last sentence. Even I do, which makes me feel super-retarded because I’m writing this topic. Anyway, pretend that UKChatforums.com in no way benefits to your life. You can’t win GAD because you are unlucky, or, as the kinder Regulars like to say, you have a flea-sized brain and you suck at everything. You can’t get information about anything, because people ignore your topics or say nasty things as your topic sinks down into the realms of the central gaming plaza on these forums - the Life forum. And you can’t act hard and abuse newbies because you’ll just be abused by Notables who think you are sad - these Notables, who come and tell you that you are sad, before wandering back into the Life forum to talk about hairy gorilla sex and why yoghurt pots can’t stand up with spoons in them.
So, UKChatforums holds no benefits for you.

Say that UKChatforums held your education.. preposterous, you say? Well, let’s see, as you step into the unknown - who knows what it holds... what if SR were a school... and you were having a tour...?

The Future of Gaming (Chat) - The playground/canteen
The first thing you will notice about the FOG Playground is the sheer variety of those around you. The playground itself has decreased in size rapidly - a year ago, this playground was almost three times as big. However, it has been depleting in size since a lot of the users have decided not to stay outside during lunch or morning break. A brief look around will do - you now know what to expect in the playground.
Goatboy has just opened a window and told some little children off, who now all look really scared, apart from one boy, who calls Goatboy a “moany old fart”, to which he is sworn at and called a “cockface.”
Elsewhere, several buck-toothed kids stand around, speaking in bad grammar and hanging around in small packs, occasionally daring to look out at other people, at which point they are scowled at, causing them to go red and walk shyly away.
Kyz22 stands in a corner, telling jokes and talking far too much. A small band of merry men follow him around like dogs. Around him, a few other people peer into the group, complaining that Kyz speaks too much, and generally complaing about Kyz, who has captivated his merry men in a speech about his ‘Enjoyable encounter with the bath plug’, an insight into which games he likes, and a speech making fun of townies, which echoes around the townie-less playground. His merry men stand around him, contributing to his conversations with a Smiley or maybe even an entire sentence. He continues to go on, his merry men continue to listen, and a few jealous outsiders continue to complain.
A few newer members speak out-loud, trying tograb attention, but failing, and then speaking out-loud two or three times more, before they give up and go to Gamefaqs to find some more hints to copy-paste onto UKHints.
Sfone sits perched on a table, smiling at all who walk past. Kyz22 occasionally brings offering of fruit, but he is alone, as although Sfone smiles and is nice, people seem to half-credit him, before someone else says Sfone deserves no credit, and Sfone sits alone on the table.
The canteen is similar to the playground, except much more full of new faces, who all go on a feeding frenzy on whatever is left of Chat that they can. Some of them get full up, which makes them hated for clogging up Fog. Others only get a small portion, and these people get no attention, sympathy or any emotion whatsoever directed at them.
The FOG Playground and the Chat canteen are very lively places. But, as in all schools, the main highlights lie inside...

The Future of Gaming (Prime Topics) - The Library
The library is a fairly quiet place. There are several new books released here every day. One or two people occasionally drift in to read the odd book, but tend to leave straight after. A few familiar faces pop in every day, but, like everyone else, they pop in, read, maybe say something, and pop out again. There is no rule on speaking, although very few people speak in the Prime library anyway.
And then, huddled in one corner, the World’s Longest Thread attempt - or, as they like to be known, the library crew. They hang around in one corner, talking randomly, scaring passers-by and keeping themselves to themselves. They talk a lot - not as much as they did in days goe by, but they still talk, and they are practically the only sound coming from the library. The thing is, they aren’t even that goofy. Library Crew sounds sad, but some of the few members to the Crew are actually quite popular, and only really pop into the library for short spells.
So, the FOG prime library. A place of quiet reading, a library crew, and a whole lot of people walking in and out within a ten minute period.

Sport - The gym & sports hall
When they say ‘sport’, they don’t actually mean it. The first point of this tour which actually focuses on a lesson isn’t really what you’d expect. Instead of real sport, the lessons here focus on competing in Betting Leagues and an F1 Championship. When they do look at real sport, it tends to cover media sport, and focus on writing reports and giving opinions. The sport at our UKChatforums school is very strange indeed.

Sony, Nintendo and Xbox forum - Maths, Science and English.
The three main subjects of the forums - UKChatforums is mainly based on gaming. The UkChat school is, like other schools, mainly based on Maths, English and Science. The three main subjects are taken by almost everyone, and the lessons are generally busy, although the PS2 Maths lessons seem to have gone down by several IQ levels since they started.

PC Gaming, Web Design - IT
These lessons are only taken by a select few. The few who take these lessons tend to stay away from the main forums. Turbonutter is the best example - he excels in IT, but when it comes to other subjects, he is nowhere to be seen. A few others take these subjects, but generally the lessons are quite quiet.

Life, the Universe and All That Jazz - Humanities
Covering topical discussions, the RS and History at UKChat is a very popular lesson, yet only really popular with the more intelligent of the UKChat school students. They all like to spend most of their time at these lessons - they’ve even set up a club which runs through every break and lunch, so instead of sampling the outside world, they can sit back in their beloved Life. Several regulars to these lunchtime clubs are Rosalind, Grix Thraves, and Goatboy, who sits by the window, occasionally reaching out to slap the FOG Playgrounders round the back of their heads. He then returns to the intellectual discussions about war, life, and Blue Peter dogs dying and going to live with Jesus.
Humanities is a strong point at UKChat school.

SR Site Bugs - School office
The school office is a fairly lively place. People wander in and out, asking questions. They rarely stay for long, the intimidating office staff answering questions quickly and efficiently.

A few other lessons feature at UKChat school - a brief summary of the remaining few :-
Long Interesting Or Amusing Stories - School Magazine
Possibly one of the most neglected parts of the school, an under-popular and rarely talked about school magazine.
Sega Dreamcast - Further History
A-ha-ha-ha..
Movies, etc. - Non-existent lesson, as of yet. Plans to develop it in the near future.

Hope you enjoyed that little interpretation of SR there.
Tue 01/04/03 at 16:44
Regular
Of course.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:21
Regular
staff-staff
El blokey- spanish teacher
Notables- Prefects
Long story forum- the delapidated classroom every one hates having lessons in.
WWE- School toilet (sorry couldn't resist)
constant site crashes- Fire alarms
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Then people would complain it wasnt long enough. You can never please everyone, unless you are called Godfrey.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
I should've posted after the end of Prime. Or Sport, just to prove that it was collapsing.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
El Blokey wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> You never read the whole thing in 1 minute!
>
> No, but I scanned it, and it was a good idea, but everything past the
> Prime was Asher just feeling it was his duty to do the rest.

Yeah I know what you mean. You have a good idea, you write it out but it isn't loong enough to be a post by itself so you fill it up with other stuff to make it look bigger but consequently make it worse.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
So, you do live inside my brain. Why are there pictures of gorillas in sexy positions pinned up inside my brain?

;-D
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:59
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Yes. I found a portal to it in a huge office block, hidden behind a filing cabinet.

Or maybe that was John Malkovich's head. And it wasn't me, it was John Cusack.
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:55
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> everything past the
> Prime was Asher just feeling it was his duty to do the rest.

Do you live inside my head?
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:53
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Kyz22 wrote:
> You never read the whole thing in 1 minute!

No, but I scanned it, and it was a good idea, but everything past the Prime was Asher just feeling it was his duty to do the rest.
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:52
Regular
the matrix fan no 1 wrote:
> clap clap clap
> very good gad attempt which is the only reason ur doing it clap clap
> clap

I was doing it because I had too many ideas for it and if I didn't use those ideas I'd pop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.