GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mafia"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mafia'.
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:16
Regular
Anybody have any idea if and when Mafia is comming to xbox and if it is..who is developing it? and will it just be another lazy port from the PS2 version?...All feed back welcome..Cheers!!
Fri 04/04/03 at 20:20
Regular
Italian accent:

Damn Toni he knows about us,operation mafia is a no-no

draws a 9mm uzi....................
Thu 03/04/03 at 10:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
Mafia (well on the pc at least) is far better than the getaway...i enjoyed it far more....
much better storyline with a far more satisfying end
better shoot outs and set pieces (well mouse and keyboard always was easier to use anyways)
i'll be interested to see whether they add anything new to the game
oh and the voice acting from what i can remember is really good
Wed 02/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Loe Role wrote:
> I expect it to be more like 'The Getaway' but better.

The Getaway stinks, its much better than that.

The story and cutsceanes are really good, but like MGS, sometimes you feel like going off and doing your own thing, but the story keeps you firmly in your seat.

Still good though.
Tue 01/04/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mantis wrote:
> If you are expecting GTA or simlir you will dissipointed, Mafia isn't
> instant fun like GTA.

I know it's a lot more serious, but it does seem to have a good storyline. As you 're-live' a gangsters rise to the top. Just sounds cool.

I expect it to be more like 'The Getaway' but better.
Tue 01/04/03 at 20:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its way way way better than GTA.

The combat is actualy good.

Rather than 'Click and now shoot....endlessly....'
Tue 01/04/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
If you are expecting GTA or simlir you will dissipointed, Mafia isn't instant fun like GTA.

Its alot more serious and music while driving is polution to my ears.

Other than that its pretty cool.
Tue 01/04/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm not sure when it's gonna be released but I am going to keep an eye on it. It does look good, I reckon it's something that will interest me.

I don't know if it is coming out on X-Box because I looked it up on SR a little while ago, and it was only released for PC and due for release on PS2.

If it is only released on PS2 I will still get it, but I reckon the X-Box would deliver a better game.
Tue 01/04/03 at 11:01
Regular
"accidental superher"
well i really liked the pc version...although there are minor things they could do to improve it
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:45
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I looking forward to Mafia too. I don't really know to be honest, though I suspect it'll be out in the Autumn. Let's hope they optimize it for Xbox.
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Anybody have any idea if and when Mafia is comming to xbox and if it is..who is developing it? and will it just be another lazy port from the PS2 version?...All feed back welcome..Cheers!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.