GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snow in Video Games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/10 at 10:49
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
I am curious to know what your favourite location or level is which features lots of snow. An example that comes to mind is the snowy Tibetan Mountain/Foothills level on Tomb Raider II. It's not the most graphically enhanced place, but I just remember it well because of that stupid snowmobile when I was younger.

Anyway I was wandering if anyone else had a favourite snowy location, or effect, in a certain video game.
Thu 02/12/10 at 11:19
Regular
How has nobody mentioned Shadow Moses from MGS and MGS4?
Thu 02/12/10 at 10:32
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Woah...Massive penguin! Quite a fair amount of race games (if you can call that mini-game/level a race) have a snowy location.
Thu 02/12/10 at 10:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not quite snow, but does my favourite ice mini-game count?
Thu 02/12/10 at 09:21
Regular
"And in last place.."
pb wrote:
Thought the Scots could cope much better in the snow.

In general we are more used to it, as the management from Lancashire demonstrated last year when they came to our office and made a spectacle of themselves with the snow in the car park. But the snowfalls this year (and last) are on the excessive levels. Mother nature has shown us our limitations.
Wed 01/12/10 at 20:06
"possibly impossible"
dav2612 wrote:

I downloaded the Scottish version of this game over the weekend and barely been out the house since. And certainly been nowhere near the office..

Thought the Scots could cope much better in the snow.
Wed 01/12/10 at 19:02
Regular
The Welsh version was a bit easy...only got stuck for a short while on one bit :P

Banjo Kazooie's Freezeazy Peak is easily my favourite snow level in any game...
Wed 01/12/10 at 16:24
Regular
"And in last place.."
pb wrote:
Maybe there should be a game about getting to work in a snow storm, finding transport that actually works and anywhere that is open for food. It could be called 'England Adventure: The country that can't cope with snow'

I downloaded the Scottish version of this game over the weekend and barely been out the house since. And certainly been nowhere near the office.

Uncharted 2 had a good snow level, it was quite impressive with the effects such as footprints and snow on the clothing.
Wed 01/12/10 at 11:17
"possibly impossible"
Much of Lost Planet features plenty of snow, even blizzards.

Maybe there should be a game about getting to work in a snow storm, finding transport that actually works and anywhere that is open for food. It could be called 'England Adventure: The country that can't cope with snow'
Wed 01/12/10 at 10:49
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
I am curious to know what your favourite location or level is which features lots of snow. An example that comes to mind is the snowy Tibetan Mountain/Foothills level on Tomb Raider II. It's not the most graphically enhanced place, but I just remember it well because of that stupid snowmobile when I was younger.

Anyway I was wandering if anyone else had a favourite snowy location, or effect, in a certain video game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.