GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will any USB Keyboard and mouse work with my PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 13:37
Regular
Just wandering if any of you guys know if any usb keyboard and mouse will work with my ps2 and all the compatible games? Or do i have to buy the only one which seems to be sold as a ps2 keyboard? It goes for about £20, but you can get others for much cheaper,

Cheers for your help!
Tue 30/11/10 at 19:18
Evenin........

We're giving Darwen Moor another go as a "safe" option :)

The plan is to meet at the Hare & Hounds by 5:45pm for a swift departure.
The weather for tomorrow is the odd snow-shower with 7mph wind speed -2C.
So.... much warmer than it was on Sunday lol!!

Ring/txt 07972 710 440 to confirm attendance ;)
Wed 05/12/01 at 14:03
"High polygon count"
I see no earthly reason why anyone would want to play a footy game with a keyboard. As far as I know, even those with the PC version of FIFA would much prefer a joypad to the keyboard.

There's just too much to do in a footy game that requires little or no thought, just automatic reactions - you just can't do that anywhere near as well on a keyboard as you can on a joypad.
Wed 05/12/01 at 13:58
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
SD3 king wrote:
> will the datel keyboard work with fifa 2002??

why play a footie game with a keyboard
Wed 05/12/01 at 13:49
"High polygon count"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Why do you use YABASIC anyways?

I don't! I didn't bother getting another keyboard - I'm waiting for the official one.

I just wanted to try out YABASIC and see what I could do.
Wed 05/12/01 at 13:47
Is the Datel one ok for all the games? I wont be using yabasic myself, so i just want it for all the first person shooters coming along...
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:26
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Do NOT buy a Datel USB keyboard if you plan to use the YABASIC package, because
> it doesn't work.

I bought one for YABASIC; it didn't work. I assumed it was
> faulty, took it back and exchanged it. The new one didn't work.

I e-mailed
> Datel, and they told me officially that their keyboard does not function with
> YABASIC.

Why do you use YABASIC anyways?
Tue 04/12/01 at 19:20
will the datel keyboard work with fifa 2002??
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:27
"High polygon count"
Do NOT buy a Datel USB keyboard if you plan to use the YABASIC package, because it doesn't work.

I bought one for YABASIC; it didn't work. I assumed it was faulty, took it back and exchanged it. The new one didn't work.

I e-mailed Datel, and they told me officially that their keyboard does not function with YABASIC.
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:53
Regular
I've not had a lot of luck with my logitech keyboard/mouse, its a cordless optical combination, its black and would look great with a ps2. Probs i'm doing something wrong ?

Which games can you use a keyboard/mouse in, (apart from the yabasic thing which i've lost) ?
Mon 03/12/01 at 18:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I think just about any USB keyboard or mouse will work with the PS2. I have heard of people who had some problems with microsoft ones, but i'm not sure if they were doing something wrong (probably just microsoft, might have had some extra features that the PS2 couldn't understand).

Just buy the cheapest you can find, with nothing special and it should work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.