GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A harrowing blog entry on veganism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/11/10 at 20:54
Regular
"My first bite of meat after 3.5 years of veganism was both the hardest and easiest thing I’ve ever done. Tears ran down my face as saliva pooled in my mouth. The world receded to a blank nothingness and I just ate, and ate, and ate. I cried in grief and anger, while moaning with pleasure and joy. When I took the last bite I set back and waited to feel sick. I had just devoured a hunk of dead animal, the most evil thing I could conceive of, surely my body would reject this debasement and I would feel vindicated that I truly was meant to be a vegan."

Hahahahaha
Tue 23/11/10 at 22:20
Regular
"eat toast!"
Alfonse wrote:
This Earthlings film is quite interesting, but I'm stilling eating a chorizo toastie during.

i believe i linked that film some years ago. Its grim stufff some of the more extreme case of animal cruelty. Skinning dogs alive, feeding tainted cynide laced dog food, gasing cats etc.

But frankly i want the meat. Not meet the cow.
Tue 23/11/10 at 18:11
Regular
"How Ironic"
All depends on your personal experiences with animals. If you're brought up surrounded by horses, see horses everyday and find a companionship with horses, you're going to be put off eating horses. I don't eat dog because I've got a dog. I don't eat cat because I've seen cats in friend's homes (but to be honest, I hate cats. Kill them? Yes. Eat them? No thank you).
Tue 23/11/10 at 17:39
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pb wrote:
Btw: Rabbit is great if cooked properly.

As is Kangaroo, although they are not really classed as pets...

Horse, on the other hand, just isn't that nice regardless of whether you see them as pets or not.
Tue 23/11/10 at 16:53
"possibly impossible"
Have you ever tasted dog? You might like it.

The fact that we don't eat certain animals is just a self made rule we put upon ourselves because of the way we have been brought up. It's the same as some people not wanting to eat rabbit because they see them as pets.

Btw: Rabbit is great if cooked properly.
Tue 23/11/10 at 16:30
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'd just like to ask; what's not natural about eating meat?

Vegetarians tend to place human characteristics on animals, as though the pig knows he's going to become a pork joint. They're just animals. They don't think about life.

*EDIT* Before the point gets brought up, the likes of dogs and cats have been adopted into our society as friends by most. Now I'm not saying you can't be friends with a pig, but personally I don't want to eat dog. That doesn't mean I'll rule out meat completely though. Maybe if bacon wasn't so darn tasty, I'd be taking a pig for a walk.
Tue 23/11/10 at 13:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Alright Stephen Fry calm down ;)

And that's the way of the world it seems, why would I want a cute panda to die out rather than a pygmy louse? Who cares about a louse?
Tue 23/11/10 at 13:36
"possibly impossible"
Warhunt wrote:
Can't really use that point pb, as most of the animals you suggest would be extinct would probably not be if it wasn't for us anyway.

That just re-enforces my point, though. It would mean even more animals extinct rather than less.

And if humans didn't exist then other animals would naturally be extinct from hunting each other as well.

Anyway, slightly off on a tangent, but isn't it funny how many animal rights activists care more about the cute animals than the ugly ones?
Tue 23/11/10 at 12:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Can't really use that point pb, as most of the animals you suggest would be extinct would probably not be if it wasn't for us anyway.

Bottom line if humans were treated like we treat some animals in some cases. then people would be up in arms. However everyone just says "oh well they are animals".

The real definition is how people see animals in comparison to ourselves. Not my opinion, just how I can imagine it being.

Me, like 99% of the world i presume, would prefer the animals to be treated well, but am not going to stop eating the meat if they aren't.
Tue 23/11/10 at 12:13
"possibly impossible"
Yep, same here. Well, salami for me.

At the end of the day I sympathise with people who campaign for better lives for animals and certainly better ways of maintaining and slaughter, but some of these animals would now be extinct if it WASN'T for farming for food.
Tue 23/11/10 at 12:10
Regular
This Earthlings film is quite interesting, but I'm stilling eating a chorizo toastie during.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.