GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/12/01 at 18:19
Regular
So What do you peepz think of broadband then hey i'm gettin mine very soon and i can start uploading my webpage WooHoo. Any one already got it or u got modem post your connection types here!
Sun 02/12/01 at 18:19
So What do you peepz think of broadband then hey i'm gettin mine very soon and i can start uploading my webpage WooHoo. Any one already got it or u got modem post your connection types here!
Mon 03/12/01 at 08:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its amazing. Wish I had it. I live in a non cabled area at the moment. BT and the other companies really should get up and get it sorted.
Iam using just a 56k modem at the moment hopefully cable will come round here soon so I can get that. At the University of Gloustershire where I go they have very fast internet. Averaged at over 100 k/s and peaked at about 160 k/s.
Cable is 64 k/s which is fast. 3.8mb in 1 minute and 225 mb an hour.
Mon 03/12/01 at 12:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Broadband rocks. I'm on Blueyonder with an Intel Pro100/VE network card, and the advantage that you get in online gaming is huge compared to the 56k modem players.

Broadband online gamers are simply the Gods of the online gaming world. (Unless of course you meet a hacker or a very good 56k modem player, in which case they aren't).
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:09
Regular
Do you ping servers consistently at less than 50??

NO??

I do, Blueyonder rocks, by the way :D
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:37
thnx guys i can't wait for broadband i will have such ad advantage especially when i play counterstrike.. Plus why is BT so expensive i mean £40 and to BT customers. cable is £33 to non-Bt customers . Sort ur selves out BT
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:47
"High polygon count"
Yup, broadband does indeed rock.

I've had mine since July, from NTL. £25 installation (already have phone and digital TV from them) and £24.99/month for the 512k service.

I did have free access via NTL World on my 56k modem and an 0800 number, but £24.99 is less than half what my monthly telephone bill was when I was using Demon/Freeola dial-up. (Yes, regular monthly phone bills of £50 or more!)

Unfortunately I still have to use my modem to update my website, which is on Freeola's servers. But I can't find a better free hosting service, so it's a small price to pay, and SR *are* looking into providing broadband access, so it's worth tolerating as far as I'm concerned.
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
"¬_¬"
I envy you. Broadband, I haveth not. Over 5 miles from local server. Weep.
Mon 03/12/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I really want Broadband. I download tons of movies from Kazaa on a 56k modem. Cable would mean that I could download so much more. Hurry up NTL and get it sorted.

BT costs alot more than NTL because BT offer ASDL which is different to Cable. Most people would prefer cable as its cheaper and you get the same service to the ASDL.
Mon 03/12/01 at 22:02
"High polygon count"
ADSL :-)
Mon 03/12/01 at 22:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Knew that, thought I typed it ASDL first so then changed it but must have got it right first. Too long on computer need sleep.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.